My Hw77K Review And Future Plans

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   I have had my HW77k for about 6 weeks and I love it, out the box it is an awesome rifle and my pcp (Rotex RM8) has taken a back seat and prob will for the short term. There's something

It's a good honest post from a responsible air rifle owner   It's been a joy to read.   Well done Rich

I think I have some good news to post...my HW77k is now legal and producing legal shots.yessssssss   So I took top hat out, removed the Delrin washer, re built rifle and now constantly putting out 1

Posted Images

30ISH pellets is not enough you will need to put a tin or two through her mate to let her settle down to a true and constant reading

500 or 1000 pellets may do it

then you will know if you have to cut the spring

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks charlie and bigmac. I didnt want to go FAC route esspecially as i think a little tinker and ill be able to hopefully get it below.

I have booked an hour at the range this afternoon so im going to try and put as much lead as i can through her. Then chrono her again tonight and take my next step from there.

Thanks for your advise tho lads. Its very much appreciated and ive already prepaired myself for a spring cut if thats the route i have to go. The job seems simple enough from the youtube videos ive watched.

Thanks charlie and bigmac. I didnt want to go FAC route esspecially as i think a little tinker and ill be able to hopefully get it below.

I have booked an hour at the range this afternoon so im going to try and put as much lead as i can through her. Then chrono her again tonight and take my next step from there.

Thanks for your advise tho lads. Its very much appreciated and ive already prepaired myself for a spring cut if thats the route i have to go. The job seems simple enough from the youtube videos ive watched.

rather than cutting the spring you might find that all you need do is collapse a coil at the end, im sure davy put a video up about how to do it on VHTV on youtube. itll save you a bit of work, and youll need the same kit as for cutting one

cheers, wurz

The video davy made from geordie hunters tv was what i used to learn how to strip my rifle and ive seen his video on collapsing a spring. So thats give me the confidence should i have to go down that route but i really want to avoid that... i suppose this is what makes doing it yourself so fun hahw

cheers wurtz for your advise mate

Hello tomburras, it is Defo becoming an interesting project and one I am still glad I'm going through, I'm learning a lot about rifle maitenence especially as I plan to strip the rifle down again tonight.

Had a good shoot at the range, but my power has increased, she's now putting out about 840fps what's just over 13ft/lb so I'm going to strip her down and try different combinations before resorting to collapsing the spring.

Currently the recoil is quite a thud (not sure if that's to do with the power/the fact I polished all internals or just due to the fact it's a new spring and needs bedding in) but the firing cycle is a lot quicker, the cocking of the gun is easier and all in all I am happy with the Welsh willy kit, the spring compared to weihrauch is better and you can tell it hasn't come of a production line, weihrauch spring has sharp edges and looks like the finer details have been missed.

• Like 1

To work on they really are a piece of piece, knock out a few pins, unscrew 4 bolts, and she's there to be worked on, this is now my 4th time stripping her down and every time it gets quicker and easier.

So I have just tried my first combination to see if I can bring the power down, I removed the top hat and replaced it with a delrin washer as per jonjon79 advise.

First shot...10.7ft/lb second shot...12.38ft/lb third shot...10.7ft/lb and the forth...12.38ft/lb...arghhhhhh WTF haha

Fag break time while I figure this one out.lol

If anyone knows why it would jump up and down like that again I'm all ears?

• Like 1

First shot...10.7ft/lb second shot...12.38ft/lb third shot...10.7ft/lb and the forth...12.38ft/lb...arghhhhhh WTF haha

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, feckin springers :rofl:

Sorry mate but, that did make giggle :laugh:

There was one point that I snatched up my TX by the barrel and stormed outside with every intention of lobbing it at the shed.

I wish I could offer some good advice but, I'm an amateur at this and, these bloody springers seem to be a black art.

Persevere mate - you'll get there :thumbs:

I wish you all the best with it.

Cheers mate, would prefer to get lots of advise that I try that has mixed result, then play the guessing game on my own. Mate if I could buy you a pint I would because technically your advise did work...for 2 shots out of 4 haha. I've just stripped her again, gonna try no washer and just the Welsh willy spring and guide. See what happens there and if she's still over then i will know for sure that collapsing a spring is my only option (I have delrin washers so can always use them to bring the power up)

Once again Jon thanks for your help mate

No diesling smoke or even the smell of diesling, checked the internals and no grease on the piston head or anything like that.

Why do the uk have such a stupid law, the yanks get 20/30 ft/lb and we have to tinker to make sure we're under 12...

I can imagine a first time reader will read this and think f*** that I'll pass on messing about with their rifle, but in all honesty it really has been a good experience for me and I have got to speak to some great people who want to help.

Edited by Richard Collett