My Hw77K Review And Future Plans

Leave the bear trap off, its useless and causes a horrible rattle.

I have a hw97 home tuned with a tinbum (nick stanning you tube) short stroke kit in. If you look into the compression to transfer port ratios (its abit of a read and alot to take in).

But from what i can remember is that a 26mm comp tube has 37cc of air but it works better and less harsh when dropped down to 32cc.with the standard transfer port size of 3.2 mm. These are out of memory so are probably wrong. Lol

Im sure someone will put me right... hopefully

And are you considering derlin guides?

I think paul short??? Does a piston comp tube and catch rod fabrication.

I got mine shooting just right at 11.4 with 2 preload washers (MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IN THE PISTON FOR WEIGHTS) now no twang, just thud.

I have no bear trap or safety on mine, so if i loose a finger its my own fault.

Get a spare cocking lever arm (these have a tendency to wear) from the under lever to the comp tube.

I found mine likes h&n ffts or falcons better then AA fields, but all are different.

As for the trigger there is 1 spring thats a bugger but it can be done. 1st stage adjustment is a tab that you just move towards the trigger a little until it suits you

I wish you luck in your project and enjoy...

Look forward to reading more

FF

Edited by Furrosious ferreter
  • Like 3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   I have had my HW77k for about 6 weeks and I love it, out the box it is an awesome rifle and my pcp (Rotex RM8) has taken a back seat and prob will for the short term. There's something

It's a good honest post from a responsible air rifle owner   It's been a joy to read.   Well done Rich

I think I have some good news to post...my HW77k is now legal and producing legal shots.yessssssss   So I took top hat out, removed the Delrin washer, re built rifle and now constantly putting out 1

Posted Images

So I've finished polishing all the internals, polished the sears on the trigger unit I could get to without taking it apart, because my WW kit has a spring, guide etc I haven't bothered polishing them parts, regarding the weihrauch spring, how's best to store it for long term? Or should I sell it/bin it? Cheers for your advise and tips

I suppose there is not much more I can do until wait for my kit...or is there? (I'm a man with limited skills and basic tools)

Also regarding the anti bear trap....yea I think I'll keep that where it should be, just like a seat belt, I put it on every time hoping I don't ever have to see if it works, regarding your pellet choice, tbh I haven't put many different pellets through it, I suppose that's something I should do once it's all back together. Then I won't be able to use the pellet as an excuse when I miss haha ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Very happy man this morning, after waiting nearly 5 weeks...my delivery arrived....

post-104316-0-49665400-1482400862_thumb.jpgpost-104316-0-01793900-1482400940_thumb.jpg

I must say the customer service I received from woodfield gun care products was top notch, I messaged the shop the other day just to see if my item had been posted (xmas deliveries and all that) Will replied to me promptly to inform my my item was being dispatch that day. 48hours later my package arrived. So very happy with the customer service.

Just by looking at the spring I can see the workmanship that has gone into it compared to weihrauch, i will post some comparison pictures later when I work on my rifle and put it back together. The spring is smaller then the weihrauch which will mean my rifle will have no preload when I put it back together as I had zero preload from the new weighrauch spring.

(Something to note regarding spring and pre load...if you buy a second hand rifle, you do not know if someone has already played about with the spring so be very careful when taking apart. I watched a video from geordie hunters tv on YouTube who advised me that brand new weihrauch have very little preload if any, so I trusted him but still took precautions when stripping)

So tonight I am going to re build, re test and hopefully post the results and finish my thread off,

Richard

• Like 2

So I re lubed, built the rifle back up (took a little longer then stripping) cocked it took a shot and everything was sweet. My first time stripping and rebuilding a air rifle...happy happy man until I got the chrono out and fired a few test shots. I realise the spring needs time to settle but...I was firing @ 13ft/lb ooops. I put one medium sized washer in so fingers crossed it's just a case of removing that and re build and everything should be bang on. The law is the law and even though it was 1 ft/lb it is MY responsibility to make sure its legal. (When you buy second hand again you must check) do not want a rifle that's over.

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of spring rifle tuning mate :laugh:

I must have had my TX apart 15 times before I was completely happy :rolleyes:

....... I had everything from 4 to 19ftlb :o

This was my first and, perseverance is key. I'm over the moon with it now. It's a .22 running at just over 11ftld and it's nice to shoot.

Also, it's very satisfying that I've done it myself.

Atb with yours :)

• Like 2

Cheers Jon, mate just finished my take down and re build. All done in just over 20mins, now I know exactly what I'm doing it was so quick. For anyone who is nervous about doing it don't be. They are really easy to work on and I'm a happy man that I did it all myself.

Just took my first shot over the chrono and 11.75ft/lb. I have no washers/power bands. It's just the spring and top hat. Do I worry once the spring beds in it creeps up? I'll chrono on a regular basis now just to make sure.

• Like 2

Some times the power drops Richard and some times it creeps up once the spring beds in

the last one i did went up to 13,and a half a cut hear and a cut there it came down to 11,48 witch is where i like my springers to be.

Mind that was with a v,mach kit fitted lol

O,, by the way im not an arm chair shooter

but some may say i am lol :laugh:

cracking job bud now just enjoy her and keep an eye on the power curve

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

So with taking the power band out i thought I had solved the ft/lb out...below is my first 10 shot reading, I must say though I have not put many pellets through the rifle, my chrono test plus a few shots before so maybe 30 pellets in total. I am hoping things settle down once I put 100 through it.

Shot 1. 802fps. 12.01ft/lb

Shot 2. 806fps. 12.14ft/lb

Shot 3. 805fps. 12.09ft/lb

Shot 4. 809fps. 12.21ft/lb

Shot 5. 811fps. 12.26ft/lb

Shot 6. 813fps. 12.33ft/lb

Shot 7. 805fps. 12.09ft/lb

Shot 8. 805fps. 12.09ft/lb

Shot 9. 812fps. 12.31ft/lb

Shot 10. 807fps 12.16ft/lb

So currently my rifle is putting out just over the legal limit, I am going to do some more test and like I say put 100 pellets through until the spring settles down and if it's still putting out these readings then I will have to strip her down again and play about until things are where they should be.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, would removing the top hat effect power output? The last resort is collapsing a spring (have never done it before but seen it on YouTube) so want to try all other avenues before that.

ATB

Richard

Edited by Richard Collett

Yes, it is a bit warm :laugh:

What pellets are you using?

It may bed in and drop but, I doubt it.

If you take out the tophat, depending on the size of the neck (preload) it will reduce power. However, if those readings were taken with a medium weight pellet, you could still be a little warm.

Also, if you do do take out the tophat, the firing cycle may feel harsh. Try dropping a delrin washer into the piston to soften it a bit.

Leaving the set up as it is and either collapsing or removing a coil or two might be the best bet.

• Like 1

Cheers for the advise jimmy, I thought there could be a chance the power could go up when the spring beds in...mmmm I'm going to have to sleep on, ideally like you I want her power to be 11.40ft/lb.

It's all about the learning experience and I'll sort her out, tinker with her, very worst case scenario I have all the original weihrauch parts and I'm sure I can find a combination that produces exactly what I'm looking for. I must say though I do like the Welsh willy spring and the polishing of the internals has made cocking the rifle slightly easier.

All in all I'm happy with the kit and once I sort things I'll give an update, post my chrono results. Once again thanks lads for the advise. This is a great forum and lots of knowledgable people that are will to help so cheers guys