Goose Shooting Question

Just a few things I'm not sure on really

Last night I went foxing with my mate and put up a fair few greylag off a wet field which holds water in the middle like a pool, must of been 300 at least,

Question is do you think they'll come back or do you think is was a passing flock that just dropped in? and what would be the best way of getting close enough for a shot as it is in the middle of a bare muddy field

Get on your back next yo splash and wait for them, wear clothing to blend in as much as possible... And don't jump up to early... Good luck

X2 that's what we do get some grub into it ducks will be in there two before you know it
  • Like 1

Ok thanks it was a carrot field but it was harvested a while ago but still a lot of carrots all on the top

Also what would be the best conditions for this sort of shooting? Better to be windy like pigeon shooting?

• Like 1

Wet windy and I always check the tide times .

I don't think tide times are an issue here in Shropshire. If they were, most of England would be in severe trouble!! :-) I think Slippers on about inland decoying. True what you say on the coast though.
I'm on my phone didn't see where he was from . And I'm right next to the coast Humber . Sorry about that ignore the tide times ha
  • Like 1

I don't think tide times are an issue here in Shropshire. If they were, most of England would be in severe trouble!! :-) I think Slippers on about inland decoying. True what you say on the coast though.

have you no advice for him or are you just going to sit back and have ago at them that try

• Like 1

have you no advice for him or are you just going to sit back and have ago at them that try

I'm not having a go - just having a little laugh, that's why there's a smiley face in the post. Jeez, sensitive souls on here!

To keep you happy Leslie here goes; If there's no cover nearby as you say, I would take a foam camping mat (preferably green) and a cam net. Lie on the mat close to where the geese flight into and cover yourself with the net adding local vegetation if necessary. When they come within range sit up and take the shot. Its something I've done a few times before. That's assuming they aren't roosting at the pool. If they are then I wouldn't be shooting there as they will not tolerate the disturbance and will move elsewhere.

• Like 1