Coughing Ferret

There fed on chudleys ferret food, and get plenty of raw rabbits/pigeons/day old chicks and mice all sorts really

I think it may be there bedding use hay and sawdust however the hay seemed a bit dusty when I put it in although is said dust extracted

Potentially that I'll keep and eye on him and if it continues it will be off to vets

Pets at home sell a product by 'Beaphar'. Its a 'multi-vitamin/malt paste'. Ferrets can't cough up hairballs/fur/feathers like cats for example. So this is a first defence against any sort of wheezing /coughing for me and it has good results. It claims to coat internal hair with a slippery layer. Only need a tiny amount on a finger tip a few times a week. They really like it too, so great for training a "come" command.

Larger amounts can also work as a laxative so best not to use too much... unless you want them to really pass something urgently, really best to consult a vet here though.

Obviously if it seems more extreme and/or this doesn't work - its a vet job.

Edited by ZeusPolecat
  • Like 1