Selling Dogs

There has been few threads on here about dog prices , also about dog peddelers etc , but I have owned and breed pups not with mind of making money but to breed a line that's suits my work, and sold pups to other like mind folk for work and sometimes even sold to homes for pets . And to be honest always cost more than I made but not in for money or I find another hobby , but although I could buy a dog and use him for few months even year I could sell him and buy something else maybe just to bring him or her on and enjoy watch a young dog learn and although I treat them well and also get a good home and feel dogs come and go I ain't married to them some may say this is peddling dogs but I don't feel it is be interested to see how u guys feel about selling them on etc of if u find it hard to part with them !

Edited by scottish lurcher

There has been few threads on here about dog prices , also about dog peddelers etc , but I have owned and breed pups not with mind of making money but to breed a line that's suits my work, and sold pups to other like mind folk for work and sometimes even sold to homes for pets . And to be honest always cost more than I made but not in for money or I find another hobby , but although I could buy a dog and use him for few months even year I could sell him and buy something else maybe just to bring him or her on and enjoy watch a young dog learn and although I treat them well and also get a good home and feel dogs come and go I ain't married to them some may say this is peddling dogs but I don't feel it is be interested to see how u guys feel about selling them on etc of if u find it hard to part with them !

why would you want to use a dog for few month or year if it's doing everything you ask of it just to get a new dog and start the same scenario all over again ? Me personally I would never get rid of my dogs if there doing what's asked of them and they are enjoying there work. If you only breed a line to suit your work then why a month or year later get rid of the dog? Understand if it don't make the grade and everyone has different expectations so your plodder , Jacker what ever it might be could be someone's pride and joy vice verser. Edit to add your a peddler! Ha Edited by johnpee
  • Like 1

To me a dog is a tool for a job nothing more nothing less , like a 4x4 is tool but always treated with respect and admired . The point iam making for me I could own a dog for years and selling him and not think twice , wonder how many lads can do the same . Or do you find it hard to get sell there dogs . And if in your mind that's peddling that's fine , I just don't use sentiment when buying and owning dogs is the point I am making it a tool

To me a dog is a tool for a job nothing more nothing less , like a 4x4 is tool but always treated with respect and admired . The point iam making for me I could own a dog for years and selling him and not think twice , wonder how many lads can do the same . Or do you find it hard to get sell there dogs . And if in your mind that's peddling that's fine , I just don't use sentiment when buying and owning dogs is the point I am making it a tool

I would never find it hard to sell a dog and if I did add be in the wrong game because shit happens. If I had a dog that Wernt doing the graft it be gone pronto. But if its grafting there would be no reason to sell it. Thing I don't get is why would you want Rid a dog that's doing graft?

why would i sell a dog? if it was crap? even then i would be ripping the buyer off

not if your honest and tell them what's up with the dog. Like I've says one man's Shite is another's pride and joy

very true. I've polished a few turds over they years.

Its all about the men just like the anties give the little rabbit or fox human feelings .The dog men do the same fact is their not human and if yea sell they forget about you in a short time .Not to say if yea meet them they wont remember yea but their not thinking theirs daddy or mammy :yes: .So if yea get a good price and yea have a younger or maybe a better one coming on why not sell.

These days if a dog walks through my door, he has a mate for life come what may. If he/she can’t do the job anymore for whatever reason, they get retired from the work, but remain part of the family. Everyone is different, when I was young and had 12 or so working dogs at any one time if they couldn’t feed themselves they were gone, so I understand both sides, Funny how you can change

• Like 4

He does have a point in my eyes, to me my dogs are tools they have a job to do if there no good at there job there gone (not sold or given away) if a dog was to break its leg and never run again just like a hammer with a broken handle I'd replace the dog, a bad dog costs the same as a good one only with less enjoyment and more stress, a good dog in my kennels is treated like a king, I don't think this makes me a nasty person or a bad dog man I'll never give you a naff dog and I deffantly wouldn't sell you one.

• Like 1

These days if a dog walks through my door, he has a mate for life come what may. If he/she cant do the job anymore for whatever reason, they get retired from the work, but remain part of the family. Everyone is different, when I was young and had 12 or so working dogs at any one time if they couldnt feed themselves they were gone, so I understand both sides, Funny how you can change

yes your right I remmber when I was kid just after the war ,dogs would have to lay down on bare hard floors kept out side in leaky stables or shelters now my dogs are kept in lap of luxury heated kernels soft beds plenty of grub your right how times have changed ! Edited by scottish lurcher