Steam Coming Out Of My Ears.... Car Insurance!!!!

Go to solution Solved by Tiercel,

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your call was recorded "for training and quality purposes" get in touch with the insurance ombusdman.....making a complaint is fairly easy. Let the insurance company know first, they might change thei

I had just filled the feed back question on my insurance today and told them that they're ripping us off, the older we get and more ncd built up the cheaper it should get, not dearer

Scotlands transport minister has just been caught driving without insurance,humza yousaf described it as an embarrassing ommision.

Scotlands transport minister has just been caught driving without insurance,humza yousaf described it as an embarrassing ommision.

Good Scottish name.

Is he of the famous clan Yousaf who fought with Bonny prince Charlie at Colluden ? Lol

My lad did pass plus after he passed his test at 17. Made no difference at all. They still wanted £4000 to put him on the wife's £500 Corsa as a named driver. He didn't even drive the first year after his test.

I understand kids are a slightly higher risk than older guys, but that's nothing short of taking the piss.

Totally standard that

I knew a lad who had a 106 quicksilver who was paying 600 a month insurance

Part of my job is the training of soldiers on land rovers m wagons, quads and various plant machinery, my instructor quals are transferrable to civilian street but make absolutely no impact on my insurance premiums

They really are a rip off. My granddaughter 18 has bought a car on her own, and is paying for it herself. She is in collage but also has two jobs as well as the collage to pay for it. One of the conditions on her getting insurance is a tracker on the car. Most companies now heavily penalise them if the dive at night so we sourced a company that said they did not, because one of her jobs needs her to drive at night home from work.

They have a scheme where through the tracker they assess her driving, she accessed it tonight and she only had 4+ out of 10. When she looked at it she had 9+ for smoothness 10 for braking and 10 for speed, however when it came to the times of driving she had minus 3 which has pulled her score down to the 4+. It's a fecking rip off, we told them when getting the insurance that she works late and has no other way home. They told us it would not be a problem.

I am soooo fecking mad now that they can get away with it and there is feck all any one can do about it.

Rant over.

TC

if you have access to the tracker, get some lead flashing and roll it into a cone shape, when your daughter drives at night place the cone over the tracker and it will be turned off, I know a couple of van drivers and they both use one when they don't want there boss to know we're they are, much the same as you can override a tachograph by sticking a magnet to a Lorry,s gearbox, if you need anymore money saving tips just holler, I have loads

They really are a rip off. My granddaughter 18 has bought a car on her own, and is paying for it herself. She is in collage but also has two jobs as well as the collage to pay for it. One of the conditions on her getting insurance is a tracker on the car. Most companies now heavily penalise them if the dive at night so we sourced a company that said they did not, because one of her jobs needs her to drive at night home from work.

They have a scheme where through the tracker they assess her driving, she accessed it tonight and she only had 4+ out of 10. When she looked at it she had 9+ for smoothness 10 for braking and 10 for speed, however when it came to the times of driving she had minus 3 which has pulled her score down to the 4+. It's a fecking rip off, we told them when getting the insurance that she works late and has no other way home. They told us it would not be a problem.

I am soooo fecking mad now that they can get away with it and there is feck all any one can do about it.

Rant over.

TC

if you have access to the tracker, get some lead flashing and roll it into a cone shape, when your daughter drives at night place the cone over the tracker and it will be turned off, I know a couple of van drivers and they both use one when they don't want there boss to know we're they are, much the same as you can override a tachograph by sticking a magnet to a Lorry,s gearbox, if you need anymore money saving tips just holler, I have loads

Like our very own dodgy Martin Lewis ??

Could she not get insured on a limited mileage......my pal insured his daughters car for something like 800 quid on a 2k annual mileage i think it was.....ok its not a lot of miles but youngsters only tend to drive here and there anyway.

Could she not get insured on a limited mileage......my pal insured his daughters car for something like 800 quid on a 2k annual mileage i think it was.....ok its not a lot of miles but youngsters only tend to drive here and there anyway.

Gnash she is on limited mileage 5K and she has used 2K of those since September. She can buy extra miles at £147 per 1K miles.

TC

Gnash she is on limited mileage 5K and she has used 2K of those since September. She can buy extra miles at £147 per 1K miles.

TC

£50 gets that turned back as well

TC

£50 gets that turned back as well

My mates had his audi clocked back a few times lol cheap as anything these days

TC

More expensive than petrol.....ridiculous !