Very nice,i have seen some real nice taxidermy pièces over there,i remember watching the world taxidermy championships on TV and the quality was ureal,a young girl around 12 years old did a full mount whitetail that was as near lifelike as your going to get.

I had entered this mule deer buck in are taxidermy show here in Utah a couple of years back. I'm in the master division. I don't know if you know how the shows work but you start with 100 pionts then they start deducting pionts if you don't meet the standards. I'm not competing against everyone else but again myself. I ended up with a third place two points shy of second ribbon. Which I was happy because I only do this as a hobby and probably mount two animals a year I'm too busy to do more ?.

• Like 1

No not yet and it would be real hard trying to compete since the cat people Judge's are so picky. I'll tell you they go over your mount with a fine tooth comb. I got a piont taken off one time because I left a speck of paint on a glass eye.

• Like 1

No not yet and it would be real hard trying to compete since the cat people Judge's are so picky. I'll tell you they go over your mount with a fine tooth comb. I got a piont taken off one time because I left a speck of paint on a glass eye.

Talking of glass eyes,i have a DVD on filming hunts,the guy advises cleaning your whitetail up before photographing,and he even carries a set of glass eyes to,pop into the deer to make it a bit more presentable for photographs.