Looking For An Otter Specimen

I am not really sure how road kill works. I know with any other species Badger included that if you make a report to Natural England, I think it is now or DEFRA as it was stating where, exact coordinates the body was found it is fine. But I think (I am not sure though) as far as otters go it is a no-no?

I seen this one run over earlier in the year, but left it where it was.

WP_20161012_002_zpsdecwmp4z.jpg

TC

You need to apply for a licence for it but I'm sure they will only grant one if it's going to be used for educational purposes, think,it's through natural england. I know when I've found them before taxidermists wouldn't touch them........although my mate found one last week and the local taxidermist skinned it out the same day !

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There were two dead on the portbury hundred in the last few weeks, and a woman came into my daughters workplace and asked for some bin liners to take them home for her husband. It's a shame really because the idiots that are releasing these animals have now stocked them into the watercourse that runs through the valley on two occasions without bothering to check if there is enough life to support them which there is not, and as the valley has a motorway along one side and the main road into portishead along the other they inevitably get squashed or starve, if you run a vets scanner over them many of the roadkill otters are chipped even though the rspca deny ever releasing them, someone I know found one run over outside there fisherie in Somerset which had a chip in its neck from the rspca west hatch centre,

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

U can. Pick otters up of the road as long as u fill in the license form defra send u about were it came from ie , city.town street or lane post code and how you found it .they normally ask take them for ex ray but for taxidermy uses must be sold with th,e license .