Venison Leek And Tatty Pie

Inspired by the pie threads on here I made this pie last week and it was lovely so round 2. Fry off the venison and leek. Cube the tatty and stick in bottom of stew pot. On goes the venison and leek and a beef/veg stock. Into the aga low and slow over night to be put into pastry tomorrow afternoon/evening.

• Like 3

Well come home from work sort kids out and got em to bed went to get my pie filling out the cooker and temp was up at 240....r lass has ramped it up thru day to get heating up but had it on cook setting so my pie is ruined. Just a blackened mess Im guna need chisel out shed to clean this pot. Its a good job she went straight out to f**king work!!!! Women!

Well pissed off!

• Like 1

Well come home from work sort kids out and got em to bed went to get my pie filling out the cooker and temp was up at 240....r lass has ramped it up thru day to get heating up but had it on cook setting so my pie is ruined. Just a blackened mess Im guna need chisel out shed to clean this pot. Its a good job she went straight out to f**king work!!!! Women!

Well pissed off!

Women indeed... mine managed to turn a brace of succulent tasty pheasants into something resembling inedible beef jerky recently. :no:

Made a few pies myself yesterday for freezing. Told her the weekend that I fancied a good old basic minced beef and onion pie, only thing is I won't eat shop bought mince, so she got 2 small trays of casserole/braising steak, which I minced. Sweated in olive oil with a finely chopped large onion, 2 oxo cubes, cracked black pepper and water. Added a pinch of salt at the end. Cooked it monday and left it in the fridge overnight. Didn't make my own pastry but used one of the pre-made blocks, had a bit of the mince left over so will make a few more pies today, should end up with 8 or 9 total, so these pies are not cheap bearing in mind the meat was over £8 plus the pastry and oxo's and then the foil pie dishes.

With a large dollop of creamy buttery mash it should stick to the ribs nicely :thumbs:

• Like 1