• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:52 pm

Had a couple of outings over the weekend to try and move the doe cull forward , heavy frosts and northerly winds don't exactly help but as the place was clear I gave it a go ..banking on the deer being tucked in the woods out of the wind I got into the wood , worked up against the breeze and pushed slowly forward , two hours later and after seeing very little I managed to get the dot on a doe and fawn , took her first at about 70 m , the fawn bolted but only went a few yds before stopping to look for the doe , it was also taken ..easy finds for the dog , in the chiller at 64lb and 39lb both were in top condition .
Attached File  IMG_2195.JPG   449.69KB   4 downloads

Another outing yesterday afternoon , again cold and frosty on the bits of the estate the sun never managed to reach I found a yearling laying in some course grass down a bank no more than fifty mtr from the track , well above her and resting against a tree she was added to the cull , slightly dodgy recovery , I never realised how steep the bank was until I was half way down on the quad ...that sorted and with the light starting to go I got in the nearest seat more as convenience than expectation but as is the way just at last light out walked another doe .
Gralloched and in the chiller at 59lb64lb ..both in top condition with good fat reserves ..
  • Rob58, Rabid, MIK and 2 others like this

#2 Yokel Matt

Yokel Matt

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:40 pm

Great as always sir! I'm certainly not making the most of this crisp dry weather!

#3 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:50 am

good job as always Rich. :thumbs:

#4 foxdropper

foxdropper

Extreme Hunter

• Donator