Thoughts On The Brocock Compato Please

I've been fancying a .177 for a few weeks as I have .22's at the moment, however I haven't really seen one that I really want to unload my money on. I saw the Brocock and have looked at nearly all of the reviews but just wanted to see if any of you lads have one, shot one or had thoughts on them at all please. Cheers :thumbs:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep , 177 , an't no goog for rabbit shooting , absolutely useless with the air wolf , it's a bad combo ! Atb

Right lets put this right Shaun   you have a   BSA R10   HW100KT   BOTH 22   you have two of the best money can buy all ready do you really need another   pic one of the two you have as yo

To put it in terms that my little brain understands.......   It's because the .177 is a smaller, lighter pellet, it needs a bigger hit of air behind it to achieve a faster speed so that can make the

Posted Images

I had a good go with one at the RFD not long after they came out.

I really wanted to like it. The mag system, loading, cycling, firing, noise level were all good.

It's just that bloody stock.

I don't mind composite stocks, I've had a couple of rifles that had them.

The grip by the trigger felt very small - even in my medium sized hands. The fore end flexed easily but, I believe they may have sorted this now.

Also, the composite stock on the one I tried felt very plasticy.

If it had had a wood stock, I would have probably bought it there and then.

Ditto to Jonjon , Nelley, that placky stock :bad: , never held one since.

I did however own a Brocock concept super 6 with a lovely wooden stock and again,- ditto to Charlie, very accurate indeed.

Don't know how they have evolved to today but back when I had the concept it had no pressure guage and you had to go off the main charging fill bottle`s guage and then count your shots.

I used to fill to 180 bar only and then shot 28 shots absolutely on the sweet spot,- deadly accurate and powerful used in this way.

Just treat yourself to a HW 100 in any format but in .177, - awesome rifles.

Good luck with your choices Nelley :good:

p.s. Here`s the HW 100 at work this last summer on the Wood Pigeons.

My dog is shooting fairly well with it but can`t manage without the bucket seat :laugh: '

post-85710-0-76949300-1480947413.jpg

• Like 1

Ditto to Jonjon , Nelley, that placky stock :bad: , never held one since.

I did however own a Brocock concept super 6 with a lovely wooden stock and again,- ditto to Charlie, very accurate indeed.

Don't know how they have evolved to today but back when I had the concept it had no pressure guage and you had to go off the main charging fill bottle`s guage and then count your shots.

I used to fill to 180 bar only and then shot 28 shots absolutely on the sweet spot,- deadly accurate and powerful used in this way.

Just treat yourself to a HW 100 in any format but in .177, - awesome rifles.

Good luck with your choices Nelley :good:

p.s. Here`s the HW 100 at work this last summer on the Wood Pigeons.

My dog is shooting fairly well with it but can`t manage without the bucket seat :laugh: '

IMG_0295.JPG

That's some great shooting, ask your dog ? if it can give me lessons please Mark ?

I've got a HW100KT in .22 which looks stunning after Jimmy has worked his charm on it and I love shooting it. I've also got a BSA R10 Tactical that has now been basically given to my Grandson, thanks to Jimmy lol. So I was looking for something a little different that shot well but wouldn't break the bank. All the reviews rave about it, the only negative I've heard is cosmetic, the looks are a little bit like Marmite. I like Marmite ??, I guess what I'm trying to say is how far away from the R10 & HW100 performance wise is the Brocock, because cost wise it seems to be on the ?

Edited by RSVNelly
  • Like 1

I have to be honest and say that despite the ribbing I got from a few on here when I stated very clearly that I was going to get a Compatto. Well after I put one to the shoulder, I was seriously disappointed, just did nor sit well in the shoulder, crappy plastic stock and believe when I say I really really wanted one but just didn't like it at all.

You have to be fair about these things and say there are a number of very satisfied owners out there although I have seen a few almost new ones up for sale so perhaps didn't meet the demands of the owner.

Phil

I have to be honest and say that despite the ribbing I got from a few on here when I stated very clearly that I was going to get a Compatto. Well after I put one to the shoulder, I was seriously disappointed, just did nor sit well in the shoulder, crappy plastic stock and believe when I say I really really wanted one but just didn't like it at all.

You have to be fair about these things and say there are a number of very satisfied owners out there although I have seen a few almost new ones up for sale so perhaps didn't meet the demands of the owner.

Phil

Cheers Phil??

I'm trying to find a bad review or YouTube clip but I'm stumped ? I quite like the look of it if I'm honest. I was wondering if really is as accurate as all the videos say? I know that the shooter has a massive part to play in group size as well as the pellet, but I wanted to know what it is like in comparison to my R10 & HW100?

Phil

Cheers Phil

I'm trying to find a bad review or YouTube clip but I'm stumped I quite like the look of it if I'm honest. I was wondering if really is as accurate as all the videos say? I know that the shooter has a massive part to play in group size as well as the pellet, but I wanted to know what it is like in comparison to my R10 & HW100?

Non what so ever the hw and r10 are a far better rifle than the plastic peace of sh*t

fired one at the range and i mean fired one ,,one shot gave it back and told him strait DONT LIKE THAT end of :yes:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

ASK MARK HOW MANY OF THEM HE TOOK OUT THE FREEZER THAT MORNING :yes::whistling:

ONLY SAYING LIKE

TWAT

as your a twat now you own a hw100

int that right lads

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

ASK MARK HOW MANY OF THEM HE TOOK OUT THE FREEZER THAT MORNING :yes::whistling:

ONLY SAYING LIKE

TWAT

as your a twat now you own a hw100