duck and goose calls

hi all , just wondering what calls pepole are using around the country for ducks ,and geese , i use the archie jorden goose calls i dont think they can be beaten especally the pinkfoot call , for mallard i use the primos original wench,for teal and pintail i use the primos high roller, for wigeon i just whistle them in my self. so i would like to know what other fowlers use and what views they have on them and what sucess they have had out in the field .

regards wag :thumbs:

hi all , just wondering what calls pepole are using around the country for ducks ,and geese , i use the archie jorden goose calls i dont think they can be beaten especally the pinkfoot call , for mallard i use the primos original wench,for teal and pintail i use the primos high roller, for wigeon i just whistle them in my self. so i would like to know what other fowlers use and what views they have on them and what sucess they have had out in the field .

regards wag :thumbs:

For geese I use a number of acme calls and pinkfoot caller. On wigeon I use a home made call that I also use for foxes; two spent cartridge brasses with the plastic and primer taken out, pushed together face on face, and blow through the primer hole. Works well........

I use for mallard a Haydel's DR-85 doublereed mallard & its realy good for me & im no pro at using it i think but it works well.Our goose call is a Haydel's but not sure what model.Not used it in the field yet but have turnned geese a few times now from the garden etc right over us but in the field with a gun you know the score.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello took my brother/mate & myself out on saturday to the geese as i have good flight lines at them.The new goose call we got had its trial & its the dogs dangles i was pulling them from a mile or so right over us & my brother got his FIRST goose & we each got a pinker so finished with 3 pinks.Left my camera at home but thinking of going out 27th to another bit with deek's.

• 2 months later...
yip you cant beat the old olt 800 for grey's and pink's pity they dont make them anymore

you can still buy them mate google olt 800 goose call they come up on ebay in the usa mate

Olt went out of business around 5 years ago The Archie Jordan calls parts are made by a Guy called Dave Jackson who used to work for OLT. They are shipped to the UK and then tuned by Kevin Wilcox AKA Archie Jordan the main reason is David Jackson is a Master call maker but has never seen or heard a Pinkfoot or Greylag Goose.

Intersting point we have to retune the Canada calls as well as the US versions are too high pitched for the UK geese.

TP

Edited by Tidepool

the call's that are made now still cant touch the good old olt800 no matter what people say i have to sat kev at tidepool is a top guy with these archie jordan call's but still in my own mind cant come near the good olt800 every one to there own

yip you are right you can still buy the odd one that is kicking about but they are not made now i have a couple also got offerd a couple the other week there

regards