Cabinet Fitting In Garage / Alarm System ?

Hi all smile.gif

After recently trying to decide where to place my gun cabinet after moving to Norfolk, I am now thinking of putting it in my garage. Not the best place I know, but due to Circumstances, I think that it will be the best option.

I have been in touch with the police, and they said that the garage option is fine, although I will need to get an alarm fitted that is also connected up to my bungalow. My question is, will I need any specific type of alarm for this purpose, or will anything do?

Any suggestions of suitable alarms or info regarding this query will be greatly appreciated,

John :hmm:

Ive got an alarm with movement P,i,r,s and door break sensor,s on so if they take either way in the other is covered.I know a man who has movement activated cctv which sends to his phone and when on holiday he had video footage of the scrotes ransacking his home.Depends on your budget /location ie rural/isolated .

The daughter has ADT monitoring on her,s so any activation they phone her to check for cock ups or if its genuine then u can phone the police, and go and see what,s happening.ADT did a thorough job and cleaned up after installing it.My Yale is good and u can take the remote with you so the scrotes cant try and turn it off.

Then only thing i will say as much as insurer,s and the police love em they dont respond to them going off unless it,s linked to the local nick and we haven,t got 1 :hmm:

Hey a wired system bud like a euro mini 10 zone system pirs door contacts bell keypad battery for 250 ish then a separate I allergy to phone or text you on activation ..I can advise where to purchase and get prices from as I work for a cctv company but fit the odd alarm if this helps

Thanks for the replies and advice lads

John :thumbs:

Best ask the copper who plucked that out of the air as a requirement.

You don't want to fit an expensive one if he meant any cheap old thing.

Too true. Don't really want to fork out for an alarm system anyway, but was told by the firearms department that because the garage is classed as an out building (although attached to my bungalow) I would need need an alarm thats connected to the house

The problem I've got is, we have only recently moved in, and all the walls don't feel solid enough. When you tap them they feel hollow, like there's chipboard behind, and who knows what size gap before the actual outer wall. And definitely don't feel strong enough to hold a metal cabinet. The only other option will be to stick the cabinet in the loft, not ideal either. I won't be lifting it up there anyway, not with my back :nono:

Edited by mjr88

Perhaps the FEO will say it's ok if you tie a bit of string from the cabinet door and loop it round your big toe while you sleep. That's just as much of a legal requirement as his first idea.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Edited by mjr88