The Jacker

I had 4half year old dog jack last week well bred from supposedly decent lines father/daughter mating. I bought him with a couple more dogs and bitchs of similar breeding at the time they weren't ta work out for us for other reasons. Anyway worked this dog going well and with all that I was left with I bred a couple litters out him just ta have a few coming on that be our own anyway the cur has jacked it happens so I'v culled the cur. I also decided ta cull anything directly of this cur ta stop a line curs in its tracks I think it's a right decision some don't.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can't win them all, sometimes yes a dog can have an off day but that'll stick in your head a lot longer than the good days and work the same dog has put in for you over a period of time. The fact

He didn't have the heart for it anymore that's what I put it down ta the signs were already there just it put down to been start of the season and that it finally showed he didn't anymore so it's best

Culling whether emotive or not for a person is the only way to prevent shite prevailing .The decision starts and ends with the owner and he must stand by it .I've cringed in the past at some decisions

I'd of kept a dog and bitch myself personally and ran them on-dogs have off days the same as us-was it the first time or had he f****d about before?your dogs your choice Chesney. I hope you have enough to see you through to the end of the season. Atvb dc

• Like 3

You can't win them all, sometimes yes a dog can have an off day but that'll stick in your head a lot longer than the good days and work the same dog has put in for you over a period of time. The fact of the matter is you'll never look at the dog the same way you did previously so, its entirely up to each individual what the next course of action would be if any. I'm sure most have seen it happen if they're honest. As for pups from said animal it's the same scenario, entirely up to the individual. Just bear in mind there's a lot of dishonest individuals in the game and they'd swear blind sires and dams of certain breedings never failed. They are liars and there's plenty of them about. Do what you think is right for yourself but more importantly be honest. There's plenty men have good dogs that where bred from curs but they'll not tell you that. Edited to add, I've seen good dogs turned into curs in the wrong hands.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 13

There is a lot of ifs and buts in this situation like was the dog getting over worked was the dog well enough to go out?? Think you'll get my point

But if it was a handy dig and a cool walk off I see chesneys point in the culls but I wouldn't be knocking the line the dog never got till 4 1/2 being an out and out tube

• Like 4

Well I think youve done the right thing. You will no if your dog has jacked and if that's soo... well there is only onne outcome for him. Stay going and aim for a better standard and you can only improve. Five feet ill make it clearer for you he is looking for opininions.

• Like 1

Well I think youve done the right thing. You will no if your dog has jacked and if that's soo... well there is only onne outcome for him. Stay going and aim for a better standard and you can only improve. Five feet ill make it clearer for you he is looking for opininions.

But what good are opinions he's already done it?

Thats what i was thinking.

Everyone knows I'm inexperienced with digging terriers

But

I couldn't do that to my dogs. You build a bond with them. They work in part because of the bond. If you haven't got that then it's only a matter of time before they cur out

To each their own. Not my dogs so not my concern

• Like 4

Everyone knows I'm inexperienced with digging terriers

But

I couldn't do that to my dogs. You build a bond with them. They work in part because of the bond. If you haven't got that then it's only a matter of time before they cur out

To each their own. Not my dogs so not my concern

your right thats inexperience it will come to you naturally chum