• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 Tomdhu

Tomdhu

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:32 pm

A nice video of urban fox life. To be honest I think that making that video was your ultimate goal. You have made it and proved that you could trap the foxes any time you like, so your happy. One thing I will agree with though, is unless you have a humane method of despatch, do not trap them.

As always just my opinion.

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can find a mate with a .22, I will  find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation.

Edited by Tomdhu, 26 November 2016 - 10:45 am.

#17 peterhunter86

peterhunter86

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:56 pm

A nice video of urban fox life. To be honest I think that making that video was your ultimate goal. You have made it and proved that you could trap the foxes any time you like, so your happy. One thing I will agree with though, is unless you have a humane method of despatch, do not trap them.

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can get hold of a cattle stunner, I will  find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation. The last one stunk my truck out.

Somthings dodgey about you.
  • Tiercel likes this

#18 Tomdhu

Tomdhu

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:05 pm

It's not illegal to relocate foxes but unless you take them miles and miles away, they'll be back.

you need the land owners permission, to release them that won't happens with my farmers,

Whatt about Hampstead Heath or Wimbledon Common? Would these be OK?

#19 Tel1

Tel1

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:10 pm

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can get hold of a cattle stunner, I will  find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation.

im not sure whether your an anti or an idiot

• peterhunter86 likes this

#20 kirstysdad

kirstysdad

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:34 pm

Good video I catch a few in london relocation is a no no instead of getting a group to relocate why not get someone to despatch as for getting them used to the trap I wouldn't bother in town as they are so used to people the smell don't matter as for bait I use cat food in a plastic bag hang it from the inside of your trap usually catch by the 3rd day no pre bait don't trap unless you are willing to do the dirty work as well

• mackem likes this

#21 Chaff

Chaff

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:40 pm

Can't seem to edit above post to add all taken of the net.
I have 2 mates that work as pest controllers and need to know today's laws.

#22 walshie

walshie

"English Dai"

• 15,652 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:47 pm

I agree it's frowned upon to release foxes, but there isn't a law against it or the rspca would be in a world of shit as they do it all the time. 

Taken off the net doesn't mean it's law. If it is, I'd be very interested to know which specific law. 

Nor being argumentative. i'm just interested.  :thumbs:

#23 walshie

walshie

"English Dai"

• 15,652 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:48 pm

To the OP. Are you sure you're in London? 

#24 Chaff

Chaff

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:00 am

I agree it's frowned upon to release foxes, but there isn't a law against it or the rspca would be in a world of shit as they do it all the time. 

Taken off the net doesn't mean it's law. If it is, I'd be very interested to know which specific law. 

https://www.gov.uk/g...rty-from-damage try this mate :)

#25 walshie

walshie

"English Dai"

• 15,652 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:54 am

Nope.It just says you shouldn't transport them or relocate them as it causes stress. Same as it says you shouldn't use firearms in urban areas, when you clearly can and I have many times.  It's not on the "must" and "must not" section. There's no law there, just suggestions.

As I say, I'm still sure there is no legislation as such against releasing foxes.

#26 Chaff

Chaff

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:05 am

Nope.It just says you shouldn't transport them or relocate them as it causes stress. Same as it says you shouldn't use firearms in urban areas, when you clearly can and I have many times.  It's not on the "must" and "must not" section. There's no law there, just suggestions.

As I say, I'm still sure there is no legislation as such against releasing foxes.
Well let's just say I wouldn't want to be stopped with a live one in van,besides they are much better behaved dead.:)

#27 walshie

walshie

"English Dai"

• 15,652 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:12 am

Well let's just say I wouldn't want to be stopped with a live one in van,besides they are much better behaved dead. :)

Agreed. I would never move one of the dirty smeller feckers anywhere except the hedge or skip.  :no:

#28 johnny.w

johnny.w

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:27 am

Definitely not illegal to relocate foxes, but why would you want to? Bang, bag, bin, done. 

• johonawhitness likes this

#29 Tomdhu

Tomdhu

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:19 am

To the OP. Are you sure you're in London? 

Sure do, in Zone 3.

#30 Tomdhu

Tomdhu

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:36 am

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can get hold of a cattle stunner, I will  find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation.

im not sure whether your an anti or an idiot

Anti what?

Let me clarify; I grew up in a rural area doing lots of hunting,fishing, trapping etc so I'm not a squeamish tree-hugger. I'm not sure if you are aware of just how much of a problem these urban foxes are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users