How To Catch Your Urban Fox

Tomdhu

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just learned to use a video editor so I've put together a short movie (3:45 mins) of one of my trapping projects. Please bear with me as I'm not yet up to the standard of some of you who produce vid

When something does not add up in my mind, I tend to re-read the posts in a thread to try and get it straight in my mind. I have done this on this thread and to be honest I am somewhat confused.   I

No answer as yet despite being on line this morning? "Curiouser and curiouser said Sandra."   TC

A nice video of urban fox life. To be honest I think that making that video was your ultimate goal. You have made it and proved that you could trap the foxes any time you like, so your happy. One thing I will agree with though, is unless you have a humane method of despatch, do not trap them.

As always just my opinion.

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can get hold of a cattle stunner, I will find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation.

im not sure whether your an anti or an idiot

Anti what?

Let me clarify; I grew up in a rural area doing lots of hunting,fishing, trapping etc so I'm not a squeamish tree-hugger. I'm not sure if you are aware of just how much of a problem these urban foxes are.

Big problem in London fox are,I like your trap,and your vid is ok also.

Hi these foxes still a problem as you stated yesterday you wanted a way of dispatching but the video if you go by time date was made in january this seems strange to me

Well spotted. I got rid of the last pair by relocating in Jan and March and have been without any since the start of this month. Currently have one coming in occasionally as it has been triggering the PIR/cameras. The effort of relocating is worth it to be without them for 9-10 months.

Hi these foxes still a problem as you stated yesterday you wanted a way of dispatching but the video if you go by time date was made in january this seems strange to me

Well spotted. I got rid of the last pair by relocating in Jan and March and have been without any since the start of this month. Currently have one coming in occasionally as it has been triggering the PIR/cameras. The effort of relocating is worth it to be without them for 9-10 months.

Got plenty of them around the Eltham area, encountered one this morning when I was taking the dog to the park, let us get to about 20ft away and then kept that distance. Big dogfox with dark markings and in good condition. It didn't give a fcuk about us. I've even had one used to follow us and if my dog pissed up a tree the fox would immediately rub his snout where my dog had been. See quite a few of them get flattened on the south circular.

Where did you relocate them? Just want to make sure i don't bump into them when I'm in London next week. :whistling:

You've done well to rid your garden for that long,

When something does not add up in my mind, I tend to re-read the posts in a thread to try and get it straight in my mind. I have done this on this thread and to be honest I am somewhat confused.

In post number 8 the OP stated "UntilI get my depatch mechanism I will be using these guys." http://www.pestcontr...ndon-foxes.html

That is fair enough.

Then in post #16

They sate "Unless I can find a mate with a .22, I will find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation." suggesting that they have not actually trapped any foxes yet.

Then in post #34

They state, "I got rid of the last pair by relocating in Jan and March and have been without any since the start of this month. Currently have one coming in occasionally as it has been triggering the PIR/cameras. The effort of relocating is worth it to be without them for 9-10 months."

There seems to be a pile of contradictions in the posts, I am sure the OP will gladly explain these?

TC

• Like 4

When something does not add up in my mind, I tend to re-read the posts in a thread to try and get it straight in my mind. I have done this on this thread and to be honest I am somewhat confused.

In post number 8 the OP stated "UntilI get my depatch mechanism I will be using these guys." http://www.pestcontr...ndon-foxes.html

That is fair enough.

Then in post #16

They sate "Unless I can find a mate with a .22, I will find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation." suggesting that they have not actually trapped any foxes yet.

Then in post #34

They state, "I got rid of the last pair by relocating in Jan and March and have been without any since the start of this month. Currently have one coming in occasionally as it has been triggering the PIR/cameras. The effort of relocating is worth it to be without them for 9-10 months."

There seems to be a pile of contradictions in the posts, I am sure the OP will gladly explain these?

TC

No answer as yet despite being on line this morning? :hmm: "Curiouser and curiouser said Sandra."

TC

• Like 4

That is fair enough.

Then in post #16

Then in post #34

TC

No answer as yet despite being on line this morning? :hmm: "Curiouser and curiouser said Sandra."

TC

No mystery; it's just that I don't spend every minute on the forum, so apologies for the delay.

There is no contradiction. I got rid of the first in January and the second in March - both to Wimbledon Common. But doing it was a right PITA as on both occastions I had to get up early to do it in the dark to avoid issues -using a cover over the cage Plus there was the need to clean the truck as they got so scared they sh1t themselves.

So next time, it will be easier if I can get a more expedient final solution. When I do I will post a photo.