What Was I Thinking !!!

I recently purchased a new style ford ranger as I required something to tow 3.5 ton was bit unsure of the styling of it very pimped up for old man like me , choose 3.2 version very powerful and tows well but very big turning circle is very very wide very difficult to park in village , also thought The look of truck would grow on me but hate the pimped up America styling not enough of work horse look for me , but it didn't so I have sold it and bought l200 with the ivor williams canopy. and also pick up a trade in to clear disco at silly money with lots of recipts from same garage only down side it a td5 model , unless u really need large pimped up amercia styled ranger I would avoid in my opion . also think new l200 is better drive than the hilux which I hate to admit to ,will let you know how I get on with it might be helpful for thoses looking to buy on in furture !

My mates got the new L200 decent motor I drove it 500 mile round trip a few months ago to pick up a couple of pups ...it has as much poke as my wifes Audi A5 sline ...the problem with the new pick ups is will they take as much stick as the older models as a lot of estates are using them now the Landy is out of production ....I know a mate who is a hill keeper and they have just changed from landys to Toyota Hilux and its never out the garage

I've got a late model ranger mate 15reg no prob with turning circle one of my lads got l200 & ranger beats it on turning circle also pulls digger on or off road really well atb Flacko

ford ranger turning circle is quoted as 12 .7 and l200 is 11.8 and I certain know I wasn't imagine it yes very powerful truck the ranger just prefer the l200 mate hands down only thing is tow weights

I've got a late model ranger mate 15reg no prob with turning circle one of my lads got l200 & ranger beats it on turning circle also pulls digger on or off road really well atb Flacko

I have the 65 plate ranger limited 3.2, owned for a year now, I also trailed the l200 at time of purchase and found the ranger pissed all over it in most departments except fuel consumption

As for looks, well that's in the eye of the beholder, yet I do agree they do look a little pimped up, but times change and you need to change with them or get left behind.

• Like 1

Scottish Lurcher you probably right never looked at specs but I know Ivan get mine round quicker than my lad can get his lol reckon the ranger & Isuzu the best out there at the moment imo atb Flacko

with out a doubt flacko ranger power and torque is amazing and tow weight is on the money why would u buy a underpowered l200 which tow weght is tiny next to ranger , but for me l200 just seems like I can live with it everyday and couldn't with ranger hard to explain but that's just way of it you can't take anything away from ranger just wasn't for me !!

Scottish Lurcher you probably right never looked at specs but I know Ivan get mine round quicker than my lad can get his lol reckon the ranger & Isuzu the best out there at the moment imo atb Flacko

with out a doubt flacko ranger power and torque is amazing and tow weight is on the money why would u buy a underpowered l200 which tow weght is tiny next to ranger , but for me l200 just seems like I can live with it everyday and couldn't with ranger hard to explain but that's just way of it you can't take anything away from ranger just wasn't for me !!

We all like different things and if it ain't for you then so be it.

I'm currently giving serious consideration to the Isuzu as a replacement for mine early part of next year.