Recommendations For A Reasonably Priced Camera?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of people reckon the Nikon d7100 is the best value nikon camera for quality and price, they were on offer on Amazon a while back. I have one it is a cracking camera.     the lense i had on

Cannon sx60. This red kite was about half a mile away.

any of the newer nikons will suit you . 3200. 3300. 5200. 7000. 7100. . i would also consider a good second hand D90. i loved mine. and that would leave money for a better lens. you need somethin

Posted Images

any of the newer nikons will suit you . 3200. 3300. 5200. 7000. 7100. :thumbs: . i would also consider a good second hand D90. i loved mine. and that would leave money for a better lens. :thumbs: you need something at least 300mm :yes:

I think that Nikkon looks pretty good. Time for a quiet word in the wife's ear....and a new handbag lol

• Like 1

I would be trying to get a 2.8 lens if possible, they are expensive, a nikon 80-200 2.8 second hand would not be to bad of a price and on the 7100 dx camera would be like a 300mm with crop factor. The 2.8 will give you chance to get fast action low light pictures were you would probably struggle to get enough light with the slower 4.5 to 5.6, just my personal opinion.

• Like 1

I would be trying to get a 2.8 lens if possible, they are expensive, a nikon 80-200 2.8 second hand would not be to bad of a price and on the 7100 dx camera would be like a 300mm with crop factor. The 2.8 will give you chance to get fast action low light pictures were you would probably struggle to get enough light with the slower 4.5 to 5.6, just my personal opinion.

Seems like the cheapest you can get a 7100 is ~600 quid without any lens....how much is a lens like you describe?

Expensive business! But I'd rather buy right than buy twice

• Like 1

I bought my 7100 with a 35 mm 1.8 dx lens for £400 delivered of eBay, it is mint, the 80-200 af 2.8 lens is about £400 second hand, are you just starting out or do you have good experience with dslr. My mate got a brand new d7100 for £450 he said. Will ask him where from.

I used the old fashioned SLR with film years ago so I'm not new to photography but was never particularly good.

I've not done anything serious for years, my old cameras broke and we have just used phones and hand held cameras for the last 10 years

The tamron nikon fit 70-200 2.8 is supposed to excellent and a fair bit cheaper. I have 70-200 nikon vr 2.8 but to be honest you don't need vibration reduction for action shots, I have it switched off as it slows camera down, 80-200 is older model with no vr, tamron has no vr either but you don't need it anyway.

The tamron nikon fit 70-200 2.8 is supposed to excellent and a fair bit cheaper. I have 70-200 nikon vr 2.8 but to be honest you don't need vibration reduction for action shots, I have it switched off as it slows camera down, 80-200 is older model with no vr, tamron has no vr either but you don't need it anyway.

They look very expensive, I think I'll have to build up gradually to better lens's. I'm going to wait till tomorrow and see what deals there are for Cyber Monday....which is supposed to be the online equivalent of black friday.

What I would do is start with say d7100 and a 35 mm dx 1.8 lens and learn how to use the camera first. That lens will not have the reach it will be like looking through your eye vision but it will enable you to take great low light fast action pics were the slow kit lens won't. When you progress to the longer lens the 35 mm is a brilliant everyday carry around lens for taking great pics. Good combo to have.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Cannon sx60.

This red kite was about half a mile away.attachicon.gifIMG_3729.JPG

We've settled on getting one of these, it seems like a good balance especially for price and something easy to take out rather than a bag full of lenses etc

Maybe one day we can upgrade but this looks like it will tick the boxes for us, we want to be able to take pics of the seals and birds here :)

Thanks all for the advise.....the only problem now is that everywhere is out of stock LOL

• Like 1

Have You tried Argos, I d

Cannon sx60.

This red kite was about half a mile away.attachicon.gifIMG_3729.JPG

We've settled on getting one of these, it seems like a good balance especially for price and something easy to take out rather than a bag full of lenses etc

Maybe one day we can upgrade but this looks like it will tick the boxes for us, we want to be able to take pics of the seals and birds here :)

Thanks all for the advise.....the only problem now is that everywhere is out of stock LOL

You won't regret it and for me there no need to upgrade, it does everything, take it out the bag and take pics from action shots of dogs, to landscape.

Can zoom it far enough to take pictures of creates on the moon.

No lenses to mess on with either.

I got a very good deal from Argos, £280. Got £30 back for registering the camera and gift card from Argos that I used to purchase my memory card.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I couldn't a Cannon anywhere execpt for on Amazon or Ebay and they seemed too expensive. Not sure if they going to be discontinued and that's the reason everywhere was out of stock.

In the end I went for a Nikon B700 which are not as good but a close second. After I forgot to change the delivery address which was saved it went to our old house lol, but it finally arrived yesterday.

Just popped out to Cemlyn Bay to see what's about, the lighting was really bad and it is overcast so I played around with the colour correction software....shame I didn't go yesterday because it was clear blue skies.

I had to hunt for the Turnstones

Turnstone5.JPG

Turnstone3.JPG

Turnstones6.JPG