???

Mrs took dogs for a walk earlier today everything was fine until a collie came over to my dogs they were fine to start with but then my lurcher basicly attacked the other dog for seemingly no reason, ah lass says it seemed like ages but was only a few seconds... what could have caused my dog to do this as she hasn't bothered with other dogs and has never been aggressive... how should I deal with this so it doesn't happen again or could it be a one off... I wasn't there so don't know all the specifics what happened and ah lass was too busy crying lol

Might been protecting your misses !

You don't know if the other dog come over acting agressive ! My old bullx bitch is protective over my other lurchers seen a big alasation grab my lurcher pup in the summer only for the old bitch to come flying around the corner and lock on to it other wise she wouldn't say boo to another dog ! Dogs are strange animals mate not robots

You don't know if the other dog come over acting agressive ! My old bullx bitch is protective over my other lurchers seen a big alasation grab my lurcher pup in the summer only for the old bitch to come flying around the corner and lock on to it other wise she wouldn't say boo to another dog ! Dogs are strange animals mate not robots

the other dog is not an aggressive dog the owner lives 4 doors down from me.... awkward.... I'm just hoping it's not going to re a cure

sounds like yours is the pack leader ,(alpha female)

spunds like yours is the pack leader ,(alpha female)
She is mate but knows her place with me ! She's suppose to be retired but had 3 nights lamping with her this season and she keeps proving she's no where near finished !
  • Like 1

My old bitch became protective of my missus when she became pregnant, previous to that she wasn't bothered by anything ,then ,she would bark at any bloke and become aggrieve towards other dogs, with me she was absolutely fine . She certainly was a strange animal !!!!!

An example of the only thing we can be 100% be sure of when it comes to the behaviour of dogs is that they are unpredictable . No matter how well we breed them. no matter how well we rear and train them, no matter how many years we observe their behaviour. Never take anything for granted in any new situation that can be as relatively simple as meeting a strange dog. How often have we heard " well he/she has never done that before" ? Always try and be in full control of the situation before letting the dog decide on how it will proceed.