Bits And Bobs

terryd

not so much ferreting more of maintenance work :laugh:

Did some barb wire removal on one of my perms. One side of the wood is fine but the other has nice strands running knee height. It would only be a matter of time before the shiny fella decapitated him self.

31134868545_a52c62f109_c.jpg
30767012200_2b8770fc96_c.jpg
out the way so one less thing to worry about
30327856573_8b45193af4_c.jpg
we had a wander about but couldn't pin any thing down today
30991376872_670ef46ddb_c.jpg
30327918643_2f4abaf784_c.jpg
30327908813_915e5b0db6_c.jpg
then home for a doze
30313890194_9ee471322d_c.jpg
he will have to start wearing a hat if he gets any thinner on top :)
no doze for me though fitted the new run connector me mate made in work
30313670004_04f9aba6f8_c.jpg
chuffed with it and works a treat be handy in the summer so they can keep cool
31134644325_20fcc65aca_c.jpg
  • Like 9

f***ing terrible stuff barbed wire ... I remember when I was Germany one of my dogs was a white German shepherd and he loved hunting up rabbits .... he was down in a little hollow one day hunting and after what seemed like ages with no show even after constant calling I whent down to find him completely wrapped up in razor wire ... luckily the dog was very obedient and calm but it still took me nearly an hour to carefully cut him out using a small leather mans ... fukcing stuff ......

What kind of short legged stock is that farmer keeping with wire set at that height, more like a trip wire. Thats a nice pic with the dog looking at you next to the pig wire (bloody pig wire) in the bracken.

Good set up with the ferrets mate.

Cheers Arry

What kind of short legged stock is that farmer keeping with wire set at that height, more like a trip wire. Thats a nice pic with the dog looking at you next to the pig wire (bloody pig wire) in the bracken.

Good set up with the ferrets mate.

Cheers Arry

there just used to be a couple of strands for the cattle but there is a new fence now on the edge of the wood. The barb has been there got to be well over thirty years and it was like new and sharp as hell. Seemed to be coated. In places there was just a single strand between trees chest height made me shudder. I all ways worked the other side of the wood but sods law rabbits all ways take him that way. His not exactly lucky either so well worth doing

• Like 2