Hi all

are there any good deals about for the photon 6.5x50

Thanks

Scott country were giving free ir torch with every sale.

Thanks for that mate

i've ordered a new one from Optics warehouse. Been looking for a short while and the price of a used scope is not much less than a new one.

Thanks again.

Look out for some good batteries and a separate ir lamp, if you use the onboard ir the batteries don't last that long.

I've just ordered these:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-1-5v-2800mWh-KENTLI-rechargeable-Lithium-AA-PH5-battery-USB-Charger-NEW-/122229053386?hash=item1c756b57ca:g:PtUAAOSwzJ5XcgoT

Just be careful what you buy on flea bay, as the Chinese stuff isnt all its claimed to be. I was Stung on 18650's which when tested, were just about the same MAh as a Duracell AA.

True about the battery drain, as Duracell AA's won't last a whole night at foxes.

The 18650 battery from NM on the 800 lasts a few nights though.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/9274

Edited by Lamp_Shy

Look out for some good batteries and a separate ir lamp, if you use the onboard ir the batteries don't last that long.

I've just ordered these:-http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-1-5v-2800mWh-KENTLI-rechargeable-Lithium-AA-PH5-battery-USB-Charger-NEW-/122229053386?hash=item1c756b57ca:g:PtUAAOSwzJ5XcgoT

Just be careful what you buy on flea bay, as the Chinese stuff isnt all its claimed to be. I was Stung on 18650's which when tested, were just about the same MAh as a Duracell AA.

True about the battery drain, as Duracell AA's won't last a whole night at foxes.

The 18650 battery from NM on the 800 lasts a few nights though.http://budgetlightforum.com/node/9274

Looked into the Kentli Li polymer after seeing them on YouTube, when I was looking into power for the atn x-sight 2. They seemed to last the longest in their tests. Will see when they get here. It makes sense as they are high current, and regulated at 1.5v

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i bought a cheap t67 which has 3 modes (£24.99) including the batteries and charger and can see foxes and deer easily out to distances i wouldn't shoot probably 500-600yards, i dont see the benifit of spending all that money on a night master

Good for you, Ive heard the same said of cheap binoculars over the years, until those dismissing them for cheap alternatives try a quality unit in low light.

I've also got cheap T torches, and yes they're ok, but the NM units simply blow them away for quality of image.

I guess it's down to standards, expectations & affordability when out shooting.

I take it you've actually used NM IR illuminator's? If not, you may get a nice shock.

• Like 1

i bought a cheap t67 which has 3 modes (£24.99) including the batteries and charger and can see foxes and deer easily out to distances i wouldn't shoot probably 500-600yards, i dont see the benifit of spending all that money on a night master

Good for you, Ive heard the same said of cheap binoculars over the years, until those dismissing them for cheap alternatives try a quality unit in low light.

I've also got cheap T torches, and yes they're ok, but the NM units simply blow them away for quality of image.

I guess it's down to standards, expectations & affordability when out shooting.

I take it you've actually used NM IR illuminator's? If not, you may get a nice shock.

aye we had them side by side