Poppies Progress

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little update she been on the rats a couple of times now and done very well marking and digging in no problems with a quick kill on them either . She is very keen around a dig also . Growing into a

Had another call out for this morning took poppy along as I new the spot and it only runs to 0.6 on the box she done her job again to my and land owners satisfaction

Had a call out this afternoon form a kepeer I've never met he had been loosing a lot of hen birds a knew where the culprit was so only armed with poppy at 10 months I turned up at his shoot at 4 o'cl

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

That's not the way either .Let her see the hunt and join in when she wants too .At that age its all about introducing her to the sights and sounds of hunting ,stock training and letting her feel at ease with it all .No learning done from the van mate .

• Like 2

As you know mate I've done plenty of ratting do you actually think I'd turn up and put a pup strait into the mayhem of a pack of terriers hunting rats with out letting it see here and smell what's going on and then and only then pick the situation and rat she has

Edited to add no they don't learn in the van nore does a young pup get over exited and make a pest of its self with other dogs 8n the van

Edited by leethedog

Lee,judging by past form and your bad judgement I don't really know what to make of you and thats the honest truth .Putting a pup straight into a rat hunting situation is exactly what I do but I don't expect it to do much other than be a nuisance .They soon learn what's expected .Like I said nothing learnt in the van .

• Like 1