Loss Of A Pet

Sorry to hear of your loss pal, doesn't matter what it is, when it's part of your life for so many years it becomes all sorts, a friend, confidant, entertainer, you name it, it leaves a big hole, and the consolation from it is that you gave it your best and it had a good life, ps, I think you done the right thing, as difficult as it is putting a loved one down, it's your duty of care and the very last thing you can do for any animal is a painless suffering free ending.

Chin up, and get a gun dog, you won't regret it.

• Like 3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will get easier Phil..pain will go and you'll be left with good memories..like I have mate!         Almost 15 years old..arthritis got worse and i couldn't see her struggling anymore. You did

Same here steg mine was just a pet but 13yrs and the big C took hold of him in his back end   im 6ft1 and cry,d like a baby when i left the vets with out him   sorry for your loss Phil time will h

Get the dog Phil, I couldn`t go shooting now without my best mate, in fact, he wouldn`t let me. ( Very " protective" too mate).   An absolute " must have"    

Posted Images

Will get easier Phil..pain will go and you'll be left with good memories..like I have mate!

6tDwMhc.jpg

jyUx6bx.jpg

Almost 15 years old..arthritis got worse and i couldn't see her struggling anymore. You did the right thing..chin up pal!

• Like 5

You know you guys are right, there is a big hole at the moment made worse by the fact that this was the third cat we had to put to sleep in three years which has taken it's toll on us all BUT great memories WILL be created again when we start again.

We would never be without cats but at the same time we have been toying with the idea of a dog for some time so this may well be the catalyst to rethink that a little further. The debates will then start what type of dog................black lab or lurcher perhaps and train it to the gun.

We will see as time goes by

Thanks guys

Phil

You know you guys are right, there is a big hole at the moment made worse by the fact that this was the third cat we had to put to sleep in three years which has taken it's toll on us all BUT great memories WILL be created again when we start again.

We would never be without cats but at the same time we have been toying with the idea of a dog for some time so this may well be the catalyst to rethink that a little further. The debates will then start what type of dog................black lab or lurcher perhaps and train it to the gun.

We will see as time goes by

Thanks guys

Phil

Whatever you decide on pal, I wish you all the best for the future (gun dog )

Will get easier Phil..pain will go and you'll be left with good memories..like I have mate!6tDwMhc.jpgjyUx6bx.jpg

Almost 15 years old..arthritis got worse and i couldn't see her struggling anymore. You did the right thing..chin up pal!

That's a absolutely superb post.

Will get easier Phil..pain will go and you'll be left with good memories..like I have mate!

6tDwMhc.jpg

jyUx6bx.jpg

Same here steg mine was just a pet but 13yrs and the big C took hold of him in his back end

im 6ft1 and cry,d like a baby when i left the vets with out him

sorry for your loss Phil time will heal mate

and all your left with are the happy times you had together

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-33479000-1479271796_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-82763200-1479271806_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

attachicon.gifgerman pointers.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0332.JPG

Get the dog Phil, I couldn`t go shooting now without my best mate, in fact, he wouldn`t let me. ( Very " protective" too mate).

An absolute " must have" :good:

atb

I DONT THINK WE WOULD LET YOU MARK :nono:

WE HAVE COME TO KNOW THE DOG AS MUCH AS YOU

AND HE HAS BECOME ONE OF US HE IS PART OF

THL FAMILY NOW

YOU MAY OWN HIM BUT HE BELONGS TO ALL OF US NOW

:yes: :yes: :yes:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

sorry for your loss mate its always hard lossing a pet,even worse to see one die out in the field,last year i lost a female harris hawk it was chasing a crow it was right on its tail as it turned the corner there was a big brick wall the crow avoided it the harris did not snapped her neck after hitting the wall,as i picked her up i was nearly in tears but thats hunting for you i still have fond memories of her

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I LOVE CATS.

I would be heartbroken if anything happened to my little three. Poppy, Darcy and Boo.

They are only young cats just coming out of their kitten stages; but one day, in around 20 years, maybe less, give or take, there will be the enivitable passings-away as they reach old age. That is going to be a very dark time, for me and for Helen too who adores them.

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Sylvie Phil. But, at least, she had 19 very happy years with you. And that's a cat's life well lived.

All the best mate and hope your grief comes to a final mourning and rememberance of dear Sylvie....

Simon

Thank you very much Simon. We were going to leave things for a while but to be honest, the house seems empty without any cats so we are trying to sort a couple of young cats and kittens from a rescue centre but we are not the only ones wanting these particular cats so it is a waiting game.

Trish, my wife, has been really down since the loss of Sylvie and with Christmas coming up, it would be wonderful if we can them for the holiday period as it will lift all our spirits.

Fingers crossed

Phil

• Like 1

I have been offered a cocker spaniel Mark, a Crufts champion no less, broke a tooth so no more showing but at 5 years old, a little old to start training I think despite the fact that it is free.

It is difficult to explain Mark but the cottage sticks into the field on 3 sides with 3' walls and the drive sweeps into the rear patio with no gate or fence. The cost of installing a suitable fence and gates run into a few grand because the last thing I want is not to be able to look across the field with a high fence so we are talking custom made wrought iron or similar and to be honest, is it worth all the expense......................................don't really think it is, as nice as the idea of a gundog is.

Phil