Rabid what sort of places do you buy it loose from or in bulk. Thanks I'm in west yorkshire

Mark, there is Keith Drake at Honley

https://www.yell.com/biz/keith-drake-ltd-holmfirth-996667/

My six pigs went through 76 bags. Which is about 2 tonnes.

I haven't approached them yet for bulk buying.

Another option is to club together with other small holders to get a better price.

I am now pigless. The last one went on Wednesday.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just speak to a local arable farmer, they are usually happy to sell a bag of wheat or two, my mate usually has 50 or 60 ton stored over winter, I just go and see him and get a few hundred weight sacks

Expensive, I pay around a fiver a bag for high protein grower pellets, sow and weaker about the same, if I buy loose bulk then it works out around £4-15 a bag, sounds to me like your paying through th

Hello I have just had 3, 8 month old boars butchered. I estimate they were about 15 stone each - it is hard to get them on the bathroom scales.   Last year I had 2, appx 18 stone pigs slaughtered

£8 or £9 sounds expensive. We were paying not much more than £6 a bag from the local farm supplier and the horse feed shop used by the girls at the stables was pretty much the same even though they ordered it in specially for us. And we were only buying a bag or two at a time

Edited by comanche

What does this look like for feed protein levels etc

That is the other thing. My 76 bags weren't all the same stuff. Sow & Weaner, Turbo, Super, Finisher. They all have (slightly) different protein levels. I think S&W is 16%, then 19%, 22% then down to 15% for finisher. But it varies per brand

I think I would put up with a level protein amount if I could reduce the cost significantly.