Cocker Or Springer

I've got one of each mate. Don't really rate one higher than the other except the cocker will tire earlier but runs about a bit more. Cockers are great cheap to keep and with the range of colours you can get what ever takes your fancy as opposed to liver or black and white in the springers. Seen a few sprockers, smashing dogs and will be a bit cheaper too .

The trouble with cockers is you don't get one day the same with them , could be spot on one day the next day they don't want to know the whistle. You sound like you don't have much experience if this is the case, get yourself a lab pup and learn the basics then take on a spaniel at later date

• 2 weeks later...

b6ecc294a3bc68282be0b81a634e5f95.jpg

This is my first gundog. Had lurchers and terriers. Doing part time keeping now so needed a new addition!

9 month old cocker and she's coming on really well. Hopefully She'll be ready for next season.

Whether you get a cocker or a springer my main bit of advice is don't rush them and ensure basics are right I.e. Sit stay, heel and recall. I was told that your better to have a great dog working with you for 8 years than a hinderance for 12 years! You don't want a fast gundog, A fast dog misses birds, you want a steady one with a fast mind and all spaniels have that, not all of them are steady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk