Sako 75 Finnlight Mods

Stevyrob

• 3 weeks later...

Look up Fierce Firearms I bought one this year in there Fury model. To my knowledge there build on a Sako action with a removable muzzle brake. Mine was a 300 RUM with a 26 inch barrel 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards.

I have heard of them but know very little about the overall package. Yours sounds like a real machine.

There a little high for me but....... I took the plunge lol. I like the fact there build on a sako action they wont admit it but its Sako all the way. The thing about them is there stock it has a wide forearm up front ( good for putting on a rest)and a swell around the pistol grip that fits the hand real nice. It comes with a nice cheek piece. BUT the number one reason is it comes in the 300 RUM you cant get that in a Sako rifle as far as I know with a removable muzzle brake.

There a little high for me but....... I took the plunge lol. I like the fact there build on a sako action they wont admit it but its Sako all the way. The thing about them is there stock it has a wide forearm up front ( good for putting on a rest)and a swell around the pistol grip that fits the hand real nice. It comes with a nice cheek piece. BUT the number one reason is it comes in the 300 RUM you cant get that in a Sako rifle as far as I know with a removable muzzle brake.

Are you able to put a photo up of your rifle. I am very interested.

That's where I lack knowledge I'm sorry. I haven't been able to figure that out yet but there are other ways. They have a Web page called Fierce Firearms it's here in Utah US. There's also Youtube. My setup is the Fury model with a VX6 Leupold scope 3x18 with a CDS dial. Right now I'm shooting 185 grains Berger hunting bullets. I've chronograph the load at 3280. You cold send me your cell number and I cold send you a pic text. No big deal if you don't want to give out your number I totally understand.

Well forget the cell number thing it probably cost to much. I'm on Verizon here and I don't think I have international texting. I just got to figure out how to post picks some kinda free app that will resize my pics.

Well I did some research and I asked my daughter inlaw who's husband is at this moment in west Africa. She had this issue with the cost of international cell phone service. The bottom line she found an app called whatsapp. It's free as long as you have WIFI. If you register an account let me know and as far as that goes anyone else. I've already registered my account. So i'm good to go. And we tried it and it works. Pick works and so does video and messages.

Bummer that's crazy. I think you could just buy the Sako 85 Finlight model in a 270 WSM and reload the 150 Nosler long range bullet.Thats what I was going to do before I found out about the 300 RUM.

My mate has that caliber in a Tikka T3 with a Bell and Carlson stock. It shoots extremely well and for the price is very hard to beat. You will see it towards the end of this video. Sambar Deer are a very tough animal even with a well placed shot they can cover a lot of ground before expiring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dcFj9RSjX4

Nice video. My wife has that same set up with a muzzle brake. We're shooting the 140 sst 1/2 inch groups. I want to change her over to the 150 Nosler LBR with the high BC she'll be able to shoot out to 800 yards. I wasn't to impress with the Berger bullets as far as shock and awh. The new Hornady XLT are the new rage out here. I've bought a box to later try out in my RUM. If your friend reloads the go to powder for the 270 WSM is MagPro.

Nice video. My wife has that same set up with a muzzle brake. We're shooting the 140 sst 1/2 inch groups. I want to change her over to the 150 Nosler LBR with the high BC she'll be able to shoot out to 800 yards. I wasn't to impress with the Berger bullets as far as shock and awh. The new Hornady XLT are the new rage out here. I've bought a box to later try out in my RUM. If your friend reloads the go to powder for the 270 WSM is MagPro.

I am in the process of testing the 162gr Hornady ELDX in my 7mm Rem Mag. Accuracy is very good, speed is excellent now I just need to test their knock down power.

I don't think you can go wrong with that combo/setup. Have you ever heard of The Best Of The West tv series? There on youtube if your hadn't. It seam there main rifle is the 7mm mag for long range shooting and that new Hornady bullets is what they've been using lately.

I don't think you can go wrong with that combo/setup. Have you ever heard of The Best Of The West tv series? There on youtube if your hadn't. It seam there main rifle is the 7mm mag for long range shooting and that new Hornady bullets is what they've been using lately.

Yes I have watched some of their early series. I think it was called "Beyond Belief". I think they also used a 7mm STW in some of those videos.