Shipping Container For A Shed.

I'd use a kingspan or equivalent , and then clad in timber, didn't know they had air vents?? how do so many suffocate then? I guess inside is good , but you're only insulating air and if the shell is insulated then you can heat the metal which will prevent the moisture being drawn to the metal. atb joe

Phenolic insulation and your timber would almost double the cost of a new container. You'd need 18 sheets of insulation and then you'd need to cover them, which is as expensive. Inside you can use cheapo insulation, unless you want to live in it.

The 4 air vents are about 4" x 3" of 10mm drilled holes hardly enough to supply families of people :icon_eek: always horrifies me on hot days, when I often think about that.

We laid the panels from an old walk in chiller on top of a 20' x 8' standard cargo container. Looks a mess, but not a drop of condensation for the last 2 winters. I've got hold of a stack of 150mm insulation boards and will build a slightly pitched roof from 2" x 9" to sit on top of another container and retain and hide the insulation boards when they are sat on top of the container. Already got some curvy tin roofing sheets to top it off with and a gutter to finish. I reckon in a domestic setting, it would look smart with trellis and lots of plants.

One of ours has got some big sheets of metal covered polystyrene on the roof with a wagon curtain over that and it does help but like has been said not pretty, some of the others have a bit of insulation round the sides as we used to get the tracked machines frozen to the floor when it's cold.

On portishead marina there is a restaurant built out of them , not sure how many but at least five they are all stacked on top of each other, I think they got the ideal from the channel four add because it turned up around the same time

• 5 months later...