Marking Hound Needed

hi lad's i need help. i went to load up the hounds sunday morning only to notice the old girl never appeared from the kennel so took a look and there she was stone cold. RIP jess. went out anyway and got great hunting put 2 toground but no body marked either den. its only a small pack we have so we're lost without our only good marker. i know it's a long shot but has anyone a good marking hound they can sell me even one that's slowing down abit?

I'm from mayo milliken. I got one of the 2 only because I had a good idea where the hunt went quite but the second I wasn't as close to them and couldn't find the earth. It's really not the same without one. Jes I hope I won't have to wait that long milliken it must have been toucher.

The welsh seem to mark well but ive seen some very good fell types and english marking

Alot hounds will mark but its getting the one that makes alot of noise you find a good one like that you will get the rest the pack marking in no time

• Like 1

Well as flash said harriers seem to just want to hunt on, so the they don't stay around the hole but I'll have to try and start pegging them but that's easier said than done sometimes. And yes milliken they will hunt hares but that I don't mind so much because I've seen so many times when hunting a hare, the hare will bring them on the scent of a fox. I always know when there on a fox because I have one dog that won't bark on hare but will on fox so when I hear him open up I know it's a fox.

The more they get round holes they will soonlearn not go to far ive the up most respect for anyone who hunt fox with harriers ive tryed it at the very start near put me in a mental home

could nt control them they would riot on anything that moved but then i never had them all from pups give me my easy controled foxhound they may not hunt as hard as the harrier or have they voice but i sleep easy after a days hunting

Yes they can be hard work but I love that drive and voice when there on. Yes I'll have 2 try and keep them around the hole. The marker used 2 keep them there until we got there and then they used 2 just move on just as we landed. Well I have gps bunnyboiler but they didn't seem to wait around the one spot at All Last Week.

• Like 1

hi lad's i need help. i went to load up the hounds sunday morning only to notice the old girl never appeared from the kennel so took a look and there she was stone cold. RIP jess. went out anyway and got great hunting put 2 toground but no body marked either den. its only a small pack we have so we're lost without our only good marker. i know it's a long shot but has anyone a good marking hound they can sell me even one that's slowing down abit?

It wouldn't be a good idea to buy a marking hound, very little people sell a genuine marker. You'll end up buying shite.as regards harriers marking, well they just don't really don it. The question is what is the best choice of hound to bring on to mark for you ?