Am I Wrong To Ask For Proof That A Ferret Work

I've been looking for some working ferrets, yet no one is willing to show them working. what do they expect me to do hand cash over to them becaus they give there word. word meens nothing these days. So if any one can explain why People won't show them working, outher than there lying. please fill in the gaps. So if any one is willing to sell some working ferrets. plese let me know I'm in souther wales

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like it's not the ferrets who don't know what there doing!!

Fair point. Maybe if you offer them to come to your permission for the morning rather than go out on there's? Just a thought

Look at it from the seller's point of view. The few quid I might make from flogging a ferret isn't worth the bother or risk of taking a stranger onto my ferreting permission . Anyway its a bit

I've been looking for some working ferrets, yet no one is willing to show them working. what do they expect me to do hand cash over to them becaus they give there word. word meens nothing these days. So if any one can explain why People won't show them working, outher than there lying. please fill in the gaps. So if any one is willing to sell some working ferrets. plese let me know I'm in souther wales

thats a fair point, :thumbs: if you was buy a rabbiting dog you want to see it work day/night , if your going to hand over money see it work 1st animal,gun,car anything :yes:

are you the fella on facebook that was inquiring about that 30 quid ferret. In fairness he did say if you weren't happy just bring it back ?

I think its just the pain in the arse factor no one wants to drag some stranger out ferreting over a ferret

• Like 1

Ash Dav. That is possibly the most negative attitude I've ever had the misfortune to read. The guys on here, and I'm on about the on the ground guys, would not dream of passing on a dud. Indeed I am delivering one from Derbs to Yorkshire and have actually just had 2. Jill's brought to me from the Black Country. At a guess I would say you are a young immature mistrusting muppet. Only my opinion mind. Jok.

Look at it from the seller's point of view. The few quid I might make from flogging a ferret isn't worth the bother or risk of taking a stranger onto my ferreting permission .

Anyway its a bit late in the season to be looking for proven workers as having cared for their working stock through the unproductive summer months their owners will be looking forward to putting them to work themselves now winter is here.

Requests for ready-made ferrets,dogs ,horses or whatever,tend to indicate that the buyer isn't prepared to put the work-in with a young animal and wants a short-cut to success ..or that they are ripe for fleecing.

Horrid ain't I?

Seriously ,at this time of year you might have to take what you can get and if it has faults put in the effort to turn it around.

• Like 4

i for one would not take a stranger on my permission to show a ferret working to many back stabbers in the game,next day they will be on ya land,lad asked me last summer to see mother and father of terrier pups work,30 degrees know what he missed out on a good terrier,sometimes you have to take a mans word if he is honest is word should be good enough,90% of ferrets will work with time and effort but that my opinion on the matter

• Like 4

are you the fella on facebook that was inquiring about that 30 quid ferret. In fairness he did say if you weren't happy just bring it back ?

I think its just the pain in the arse factor no one wants to drag some stranger out ferreting over a ferret

ye that's me but that's not the only ferret ive asked about in the past 2 years almost all the ferrets ive had Ave been absolute rubbish I had 2 that would curl up and sleep at the entrance of the Warren 3 that only work the top and one that would sit at the entrance and pounce at you when you put your hand near her these were all sold to me as workers and I took people's words on them so in total I spent around 130 on ferrets that don't work I'd have been better off buying a bushing terrier

ye that's me but that's not the only ferret ive asked about in the past 2 years almost all the ferrets ive had Ave been absolute rubbish I had 2 that would curl up and sleep at the entrance of the Warren 3 that only work the top and one that would sit at the entrance and pounce at you when you put your hand near her these were all sold to me as workers and I took people's words on them so in total I spent around 130 on ferrets that don't work I'd have been better off buying a bushing terrier

Did you buy them as kits or ready made adults