• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not usually one for obituaries regarding dogs, but the last terrier alive in this photo was Dixie (2nd from left) and she died this morning aged 15. Nothing to be sad about as she had a great lif

I sure did DC. She was a terrier who thrived on work. I had a half brother of hers ,"Spike", at the same time. In their hay day I was digging anything between 3 and 6 days a week and Dixie and Spike w

I was going to like your post Neil but felt as though a " like " was inappropriate given the subject. I'm reminded of people that I've came across in the working dog world who, to coin a phrase, chang

Posted Images

I was going to like your post Neil but felt as though a " like " was inappropriate given the subject. I'm reminded of people that I've came across in the working dog world who, to coin a phrase, changed their dogs more often than they changed their socks. Lamenting the passing of a worker that was also been fortunate enough to have been cared for in her retirement I find highly commendable . A very nice stamp of terrier she seemed to be too. R.I.P. Dixie.

• Like 13

post-21827-0-44426200-1456065362_thumb.j

I'm not usually one for obituaries regarding dogs, but the last terrier alive in this photo was Dixie (2nd from left) and she died this morning aged 15.

Nothing to be sad about as she had a great life and spent the last 4 years in retirement as the house dog.

Thankfully she's passed on her great heart and ability and only last week I dug 3 with her Grand Daughter.

R.I.P. Dixie, a great terrier.

sorry for your loss Neil. My old dog is 12 now and there's plenty stuff about from him now and I still work him. He s the only one that lives inside and goes to work and everywhere with me. Every time I work him I often think will this be the day but he keeps going . To leave him behind would be the end of his world and he d howl the place down. He proved 3 younger dogs wrong very recently and I admire the old dog. 15 is a good age for your bitch and I bet u have some great memories with her. All the best old girl sleep well
  • Like 3