Hmmm .... looks yummy (as does Terry's)..... but ..... fried 3 mins each side. Set aside to rest in warm oven. Add some lardon thing to pan til crispy edges. Remove to resting meat plate. Deglaze pan with plain brown stock and some port or red wine. Spoonful of tart cherry jam or similar. Thicken sauce with butter and chestnut flour. S+P. Serve with parsley mash and dark cabbage.

Ha! (Squeamish drops mic)

I normally serve them with a crispy leek & cheese bake.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/252852-pigeon-breast/?do=findComment&comment=2735228

TC

• Like 1

I've done Jok's Greek style recipe a few times now and it's honestly the nicest pigeon dish I've ever had, meat is done to perfection every time :thumbs:

This to me is the best way of eating pigeon, garlic stuffing and medium rare. MMMMelts in the mouth! :D

2010_0220PBreasts0019.jpg

TC

Definitely going to try that :thumbs: Pigeon Kiev :D

Hmmm .... looks yummy (as does Terry's)..... but ..... fried 3 mins each side. Set aside to rest in warm oven. Add some lardon thing to pan til crispy edges. Remove to resting meat plate. Deglaze pan with plain brown stock and some port or red wine. Spoonful of tart cherry jam or similar. Thicken sauce with butter and chestnut flour. S+P. Serve with parsley mash and dark cabbage.

Ha! (Squeamish drops mic)

I normally serve them with a crispy leek & cheese bake.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/252852-pigeon-breast/?do=findComment&comment=2735228

TC

Ah well that does look rather yummy. (Seriously through, what is it with men and cheese?)

Collectively we are giving the Woodpigeon the just deserves. Chucked out as ferret food and impossible to cook. Now we know that we can make lovely tasty dishes with this vermin. Lol. Bring it on and let's hear more recipes. Jok.

• Like 1

Collectively we are giving the Woodpigeon the just deserves. Chucked out as ferret food and impossible to cook. Now we know that we can make lovely tasty dishes with this vermin. Lol. Bring it on and let's hear more recipes. Jok.

Fill your boots.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/88596-pigeon-breast-recipes/?do=findComment&comment=933341

TC

• Like 1

I think it was secretagentmole or similar that put up a pigeon pie recipe which involved simmering the carcass for a fair old while then taking the flesh off and that worked a treat and the meat did fall off after few hours simmer. I can't find the link at the moment

Just found this in me favorites mmmmm

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/50614-rabbit-and-pigeon-pie/

That takes me back Terry!

• Like 1

I must say, I do enjoy seeing how people are using their game, always gets the old mouth watering :thumbs:

Last week I dug out a couple of cock pheasants from the freezer, all ready prepared off the bone and cubed with the intention of making a casserole or pie.

I decided that I would make some tandoori pheasant on skewers, so got the wife to pick me up a large pot of thick natural greek style yoghurt. Made the marinade using 2 heaped tablespoons of tandoori powder and 5 cloves of crushed garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice, all mixed in with half the yoghurt and put in a sealed polythene bag and into the fridge for 4 hours.

Onto some flat metal skewers and suspended them over a a foil lined baking tray, and into a pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes. Smelled bl00dy lovely. Wife was in charge of cooking as I was busy watching the TV (big mistake on my part) After 20 minutes she brought me a piece to try and I told her it was done. Was intending to eat it later in the evening, and the house was filled with the tantalising smell so I went to the kitchen about 2 hours later.

She hadn't taken the grub out of the oven, but just turned the oven off. It was drier than a nuns chuff. I hate wasting grub, but this was inedible, even the dog wouldn't go near it.

Anyway, that is how to prepare pheasant for the dustbin. I endorse the old saying that if you want something done properly, do it yourself.

As an aside, Scott Rea's latest youtube clip is for Pheasant Au Vin, he's always worth a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIHaiJ4GBvw

• Like 3