After seeing Tiercel's grub yesterday I fancied similar but had to use pigeon. Was hoping to have it for super but suffice to say I just had porridge because after 2 hours gas mark 4 you could still play tennis with it :laugh:

30370092660_a5589799aa_c.jpg

30036136203_81068c3096_c.jpg

pigeon never does seem to give in easy unless you go for a rare breast in the pan

• Like 2

After seeing Tiercel's grub yesterday I fancied similar but had to use pigeon. Was hoping to have it for super but suffice to say I just had porridge because after 2 hours gas mark 4 you could still play tennis with it :laugh:

30370092660_a5589799aa_c.jpg

30036136203_81068c3096_c.jpg

pigeon never does seem to give in easy unless you go for a rare breast in the pan

I agree with you there Terry, tried pigeon in a game casserole years ago everything else was falling to bits bar the pigeon.

TC

You bloody heathens. LOL. I cook mine Greek style, very slowly in an open pan with tinned tomato and fresh onions and garlic. This is full birds which when we eat them actually falls off the breastbone. Normally served with rice and a nice garlic bread. No problem whatsoever. Jok.

• Like 1

I've done Jok's Greek style recipe a few times now and it's honestly the nicest pigeon dish I've ever had, meat is done to perfection every time :thumbs:

This to me is the best way of eating pigeon, garlic stuffing and medium rare. MMMMelts in the mouth! :D

2010_0220PBreasts0019.jpg

TC

Edited by Tiercel
  • Like 5

I think it was secretagentmole or similar that put up a pigeon pie recipe which involved simmering the carcass for a fair old while then taking the flesh off and that worked a treat and the meat did fall off after few hours simmer. I can't find the link at the moment

Just found this in me favorites mmmmm

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/50614-rabbit-and-pigeon-pie/

Hmmm .... looks yummy (as does Terry's)..... but ..... fried 3 mins each side. Set aside to rest in warm oven. Add some lardon thing to pan til crispy edges. Remove to resting meat plate. Deglaze pan with plain brown stock and some port or red wine. Spoonful of tart cherry jam or similar. Thicken sauce with butter and chestnut flour. S+P. Serve with parsley mash and dark cabbage.

Ha! (Squeamish drops mic)

• Like 4