It's a bummer when you have dogs that hate them. All my life my dogs have hated them ,but yet, the dogs I have now ignore them, so happy days.

Some folk give their dogs tranquilizers which I've never done (If I got my hands on tranquilizers I'd shove them down the throat of the assholes with the fireworks).

I use to leave the outside lights on to help take away from the effect of the flashes and although I never done it maybe a radio plugged in in the kennel might help drown out the noise.

It's a horrible time for dogs.

• Like 2

My dog goes skits with them, turns into a big dribbling mess pressed in the smallest space she can find.

The vet has prescribed diazepan, I give her half a tablet and it just takes the edge off for her, she just chills out now

I have one that hates them, crying shaking, terrified, he was fine till he got to two year old then it started, I tried a thunder jacket which I got cheap from t.k,maxx I think it worked wonders put it on I think it was New Year's Eve and he was a different dog so it's used every firework time and he is fine with them,they are quite expensive for what they are but worked for me, it also calms the Italian greyhound down when it is having a burnout in the house, 30- 0 in 0.03 of a second

You've probs tried all of these...

cozy den (crate with duvet over; soft nest under kitchen table),

loud radio,

behaving as though there's nothing scary happening,

gradual acclimatising (obvs not so useful right now, but my old greyhound definitely benefitted from recorded 'New Year on the Telly' drip fed played now and again while all just hanging out relaxing over the year).

• 2 weeks later...