No Complaints So Far.

i havent lamped any rabbits for a while with my pup so i decided to go out tonight and give him a few runs just to see how he has remembered his other little trips out.

first rabbit of the night i put the lamp on he saw and was off down the beam like a rocket it wouldnt have been my choice of rabbit for him but as he had allready seen it and was on his way i thought i may as well run it as the field wasnt all that big.

anyway after a reasonable long course the rabbit finally made it into some thick bramble cover on the side of the bank but the pup pushed in and caught it,so rabit number 1 was in the bag.

i could have had a better night weather wise as it was 12 degrees and still, we persevered just driving round to the odd field where i have always been able to take a easy rabbit or 2 so as not to over work the pup as hes only 7 months old. we ended the night on 8 rabbits in total all brought back either to hand or within 10 yards alive. pup worked the lamp very well its just down to experience now to improve the bag size. i will pop a pic up in the morning sometime.

• Like 4

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

finially photobucket is working  

I think there's one in here lads

i havent lamped any rabbits for a while with my pup so i decided to go out tonight and give him a few runs just to see how he has remembered his other little trips out.   first rabbit of the night i

Posted Images

Glad to hear the pups showing plenty of promise for you mate.

thanks mate. so far so good but as you know he wasnt part of my original plan but things are going well with him so no complaints. i will pop a pic up has soon as i can get on photobucket.

Brill trigg, got laugh how yas set the rabbs out. How tall would you say he was now difficult ta tell on pic ,he looks well though .atb bunnys.

cheers. i havent measured him for a while mate as the kids have had my tape measure and i cant bloody find it lol. looking at him up against my old dog hes around 25 and a half to 26tts with a tiny bit of knuckle left. hes enjoying his lamping trips out thats for sure.how bigs cryuff

Cryuff shade over twenty six trigg back ends gone up again some knuckle left I think he will finish a possible 28or thereabouts ,I ain't lamper him yet just knocking about with him ,he started getting over the wire now ,good to here Ben pushed in cover ,fa his rabb,I not long in just hunting woods and tree plantations really getting him amongst the cover nettles gorse etc he swims like a seasoned gun dog still clumsy and a big pup not switched on fully yet still hammers Jaz but she his getting him ranging out through cover alls good the other Welps are doing ok those smaller bitch are real sharp and quick off the mark ideal for what there going be mainly used for the rabbs. Atb bunnys

• Like 1

Cryuff shade over twenty six trigg back ends gone up again some knuckle left I think he will finish a possible 28or thereabouts ,I ain't lamper him yet just knocking about with him ,he started getting over the wire now ,good to here Ben pushed in cover ,fa his rabb,I not long in just hunting woods and tree plantations really getting him amongst the cover nettles gorse etc he swims like a seasoned gun dog still clumsy and a big pup not switched on fully yet still hammers Jaz but she his getting him ranging out through cover alls good the other Welps are doing ok those smaller bitch are real sharp and quick off the mark ideal for what there going be mainly used for the rabbs. Atb bunnys

hes made a big lump of a dog for you mate. ben is doing well enough i havent spent the time on him just lately that i would like to for one reason and another but its keeping him super keen, if i aint carefull the fecker will be through the window screen before long trying to get to rabbits that cross the road in front of the car lol. going to start him on a little ferreting in the next couple of weeks i know his nose works well. depending on how big he is now i dont think he will go any bigger than 27tts

• Like 1