Getting The Nv Right!

First off, In my defence I can't multi task to save my life.

I'd had some trouble with the bunnies spooking at my T67 IR. I deduced that, as I'm only shooting .22LR and usually only to about 75yds, maybe I'll go back to the T20 to see if there was a difference. The other reason to try it was the fact that I'd drilled and tapped my T20 to fit properly on top of my Archer NV. When I went to the T67 I had to take off the T20 and mount the T67 on the scope. This meant that I couldn't use the Archer as a spotter because the IR wasn't attached.

Anyway, there I was a couple of nights ago taking a couple of hours to sort it out. It was ok but not great. I got a couple of bunnies but the image through the scope wasn't what I remembered. I tried different batteries, tried to raise the front of the T20 in case I was losing light by hitting the scope. I cleaned all the glass. I tried focussing the T20 but couldn't see any difference.

Then I finally looked around me and noticed the bank of mist that by now was around arse high over the whole field, DOH!!

I got me coat.

• Like 4

Five is good on a scrappy night. You can only use the tools you have. My Archer does a pretty good job. It's only limitation is the mag on the scope and the amount of IR you chuck at it but it's useless in the mist or dense foliage. I can't see me ever giving it up but I wouldn't chuck away a nice freebie thermal. I've just bought a cheap one for close up but it would be great if some of that military stuff was to ever get cheap enough.