Lungs?

any feed value in sheep lungs? someone got my tripe this week so got some heads and wind pipes, wondering would the lungs have been any good?

Would you eat lungs?,same as tripe its shite,give your dog decent food,you are going for the cheap option.

• 4 weeks later...

any feed value in sheep lungs? someone got my tripe this week so got some heads and wind pipes, wondering would the lungs have been any good?

Would you eat lungs?,same as tripe its shite,give your dog decent food,you are going for the cheap option.

Tripe is far from shite, full of nutrients. Lung is decent too and is classed as a muscle meat in a raw diet.

Lungs ain't muscle, it's a organ..

Classed as "lights" and would be considered inferior to tripe in nutritional value.

Part of a balanced diet it's okay but it would not be the bulk of any of my feeding regimes..

Tripe is far from shite, full of nutrients. Lung is decent too and is classed as a muscle meat in a raw diet.

tripe water based , you better feeding raw mince chicken more protein value :yes:

If we are talking about a balanced diet everything mentioned here is good, obviously wouldn't make lung the bulk of a diet but generally in the barf diet it is classed as a muscle meat. The secreting organs (liver,pancreas, Kidney) are classed as offal.