Whats The Best Boot

Haix army surplus boots. Just make sure you order the goretex ones not the desert boots. I've worn mine pretty much all day every day since November. Barely worn wellies at all last season as they were so comfy. I wear them as work boots too so the get some abuse but still waterproof even in wet grass. I think they were about £40 off eBay.[/quote

My harkila ones just started leaking after three years , can't really complain they have done a fair bit of work but see a pair of haix on eBay for £25 , gortex lined so giving them a try . If I get twelve months out of them I'll be chuffed , at 65 it would break my heart to part with 200 sovs and the bloody boots out lived me ..new pair every year will do me ..

They arrived ...almost new condition and as comfortable as any boot I've ever bought ..best £25 quid I've spent in a long time .

• Like 3

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm happy with my 30 quid haix army issue boots off eBay sod spending 300 on a pair of boots I've got kids to feed.

Haix, comfy, well made, good design, cheap, better than Lowa imo  Cheers, D.    

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in fron

Posted Images

I done a lot of digging with £40 Altberg Defenders a couple of years back and they took all the abuse I gave them. My usual outdoor boots are now £40 Haix High Liabilitys. They're a great fit on me - comfy as slippers, with good grip and support. The high rubber band stops the leather shredding if you're climbing or getting about on concrete.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love my lowa boots was in a army shop last month seen a shelf full of army surplus never tried them before

was a pair there never worn much the same style as lowa 45 quid has bund written on the side of them done 3days last week so far so good

Edited by Dabhand
  • 4 weeks later...

Also bought lots of expensive boots in the past

where do u buy laces that last?

100 meters of para cord in camo £7 from eBay cut to length and melt the end with a lighter, you,ll have laces that outlast your boots and enough left over to string a tarp up and make an overnight shelter, never leave home without it
  • Like 2

Also bought lots of expensive boots in the past

where do u buy laces that last?

100 meters of para cord in camo £7 from eBay cut to length and melt the end with a lighter, you,ll have laces that outlast your boots and enough left over to string a tarp up and make an overnight shelter, never leave home without it
gold idea bud

They are the second pair of laces , I wear gaiters over them for a bit more protection Mr. Green. They have a little split just starting on the rubber protective band from the sole up to where it meets the leather, I try not to dry them out to quick, and use liquid paraffin for waterproofing, keeps them supple, I've not had wet socks yet unless going over the top of the boot with no gaiters on lol, granted these days I don't walk to many miles and go bashing through brambles etc, I wear my grubber wellies for that. Atb dcpost-99494-0-77544000-1506165209_thumb.jpg

I think if it cost 500 to buy but they lasted a lifetime then people would pay it. There doesnt seem to be any outstanding pair of gortex boots out there that are worth the price unless 2nd hand or grade 1 ex army boot. 300 quid for 1 hard season just isn't good enough when a pair of wellies is 20 quid.

• Like 1