Weimeraners

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate has two.... don't buy in the UK I'm warning you mate, full of poor bred shiite

I know a couple of germans in the office who hunt. I'll ask tomorrow if you're interested

There's really only one Pointer, the rest are just dogs who point   I've seen a few Weims that were good working dogs but they're few and far between these days. Personally I'd rather go with a to

Posted Images

Be interesting this.

Personally I'd forget it and get a pointer.

They are pointers.

kassie610-300x157.jpg

TC

There's really only one Pointer, the rest are just dogs who point :laugh:

I've seen a few Weims that were good working dogs but they're few and far between these days. Personally I'd rather go with a tool that's got a higher success rate than one just for the sake of being different. Be like passing over all the tried and true shotguns to go for some strange foreign maker that puts out mostly duds. Except its harder to sell a dog when the family falls in love with it than it is a junk gun.

Good luck on the search they sure are good looking dogs.

• Like 2

The weimaraner is now a poor imitation of what it once was, here in the uk anyway.

I had four of them years ago from working lines, all hunted, all held and backed a point, all retrieved (land and water).

They were all a bit tetchy with other dogs and took little provocation to fight.

Good guards and would protect you.

I'd think you would be doing well to source one now with all the above qualities without going abroad.

Biggest downside with them I think is their coat (or lack of it).

yeh most ive ever bumped into on my dog walks , were sharp with other dogs, and ive heard there very good guard dogs , not a breed or temp i want in gun dog, the guarding ok/useful but a dog got be sociable around other dogs deff more so if its a working . nothing worse than having a nasty dog in a motor with other dogs, both my lurchers have great temps with people+ dogs :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

jess the ones i have source are the bollocks mate.

the first person I spoke with (friend of my work colleagues father) didn't have any future litters planned because they didn't have a bitch that was good enough in their eyes. they then put me into a register that contains maybe 100 people in all of Germany and all their litters are working bred only, no show shit.

these Krauts are serious ;)

jess the ones i have source are the bollocks mate.

the first person I spoke with (friend of my work colleagues father) didn't have any future litters planned because they didn't have a bitch that was good enough in their eyes. they then put me into a register that contains maybe 100 people in all of Germany and all their litters are working bred only, no show shit.

these Krauts are serious ;)

You are correct, the Germans are serious. But we do somethings different over here. Hard mouth is a total no-no over here but not a problem on the continent. Whining SHOULD be a no-no over here but not a problem on the continent. I would be incredibly wary buying in from Europe.