Sign in to follow this  
neems

Sturdier Boots

Thing with altberg is the guy you get on phone, is actually one of the top guys that make the boots aswell, and if not then ask for him, as the shop is in the factory itself. Or buy some Dunlop wellies and make do haha

When I called and asked for advice the girl on the other end knew less about Alt-Bergs than I do, said somebody would call me back but it never happened.

Iv only ever phoned once tbh mate as it's less than 5 mile from my door to there's, and the once i phoned was years ago, whenever I'm in shop tho the guy that runs factory is in there too

I really liked the Sneeker Aqua but they are a very lightweight boot (1.8mm leather), still mine were very robust considering. They've survived the bramble infested country I live in so I can't say I have had a similar experience to you Neems.

I've just last week got a new pair of the Gamekeepers and they seem great, much prefer them to the Meindl Dovres, but that's just a personal preference due to the choice of a narrower fit option. Far more robust build (2.8mm leather) than the Sneeker, but then they are designed to be. They are gonna take a bit of breaking in for me but time will tell how they go, though I have total confidence they will perform.

Just as a lowland walking boot I'd always go Sneeker but for tough abuse the Gamekeeper type or Dovres (depending on preference) are tougher and more supportive.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

I really liked the Sneeker Aqua but they are a very lightweight boot (1.8mm leather), still mine were very robust considering. They've survived the bramble infested country I live in so I can't say I have had a similar experience to you Neems.

I've just last week got a new pair of the Gamekeepers and they seem great, much prefer them to the Meindl Dovres, but that's just a personal preference due to the choice of a narrower fit option. Far more robust build (2.8mm leather) than the Sneeker, but then they are designed to be. They are gonna take a bit of breaking in for me but time will tell how they go, though I have total confidence they will perform.

Just as a lowland walking boot I'd always go Sneeker but for tough abuse the Gamekeeper type or Dovres (depending on preference) are tougher and more supportive.

Ye never got the stark ones or whatever they called did ye, anti scratch ones?

Ye never got the stark ones or whatever they called did ye, anti scratch ones?

No, I was tempted for bramble protection but I don't like the look and frankly I'm a bit dubious of those type. I like a bit of a high rand but that's a bit much for me. So long as the leather is decent and theirs a gore-tex type lining that should be ample tough enough for a boot imo.

I'm very happy with the Gamekeeper so far. Well made boot and the three width options is a great idea.

• Like 1

Im so tempted to try them myself but i want to speak to somebody thats had couple years atleast out em lol but until then ill stick to the leather ones lol unless somebody wznts to buy me a pair to test haha

• Like 1

Late on this topic, but, Danner. They are absolutely the best, in my humble opinion. The guys who use them endorse my feelings. Rangers. Navy seals. Etc etc.