THE STIFFMEISTER

Bow Hunting

For me, bow hunting is the ultimate challenge, if you can take a large animal with a bow, unguided on a self hunt, there isnt a bigger achievement in hunting , in my opinion especially with a trad bow.

Such a shame its illegal here,especially with our archery history.from medieval times right up to ww2.

People from other bowhunting countries cant understand how it can be illegal here

• Like 1

right up to ww2.

There was an American archer who took a bow with him to france,i think it was WW1 but he is documented as killing 2 germans with it.

just found this video of a Longbow moose hunt in north canada , makes me want to book a hunt LOL

• Like 1

Stunning scenery on that first one,and the way it goes into the water reminds me of a moose in a RackMan DVD I have,look at this though......

• Like 1

good video,s i like fred eichler

I miss canada everytime i watch a movie like that

they should legalize it here again, bullshit law just like the hunting with dogs act.

shows just how lethal a bow is

• Like 2

Some laws are like egg-shells,made to be broken,they are open to common sense interpretation and personal flexibility.Those moose are something else but sadly expensive for a none resident.Did you ever get to go on a hunt like that when you were in BC Daniel?

• Like 1

Some laws are like egg-shells,made to be broken,they are open to common sense interpretation and personal flexibility.Those moose are something else but sadly expensive for a none resident.Did you ever get to go on a hunt like that when you were in BC Daniel?

where I lived mature bull moose were on leh which is a lottery system.and I never got a permit.

but we were allowed a immature bull moose each year maximum of 2 point antler.

I managed to call in and shoot a 2 point bull each year luckily

• Like 3

DanielG, that sounds great, have you any pictures and please share them!

On a side note, I have bought a bow, lol. Hoyt Ultratec with cam&1/2 cams, 50-60lb. Just waiting on all the other bits now, sight, rest, release etc.

The draw weight seems quite comfortable. It's 40" axle to axle which I think will probably be more forgiving for a novice.

Had a chat with a mate of a mate who has done a bit with a bow (recently Namib') and gave me some advice so that was helpful.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

heres some bow hunting pics they are all spot and stalk huntspost-104559-0-99651300-1500999350_thumb.jpgpost-104559-0-03184200-1500999398_thumb.jpgpost-104559-0-02656300-1500999426_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I apolagize for the upside down pics ,bloody computer

i always hunted moose with a rifle as my priority was to fill freezer i got a 6 week window and was only allowed 1 a year

once my freezer was full i then could relax and enjoy my bowhunting

• Like 2