Hi everyone so there is a story going around they might be passing a law that allows slingshot hunting for small game here which means squirrel rabbits bobwhites and grouse just wondering if anyone would care to pass along any information about slingshot hunting like ways of getting close enough for the shot favorite kind to use and stuff like that

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally wpould not have problem eating the ones around here. I live in a agricultural area so a lot of the diet would be wheat and barley. As far filthy birds go chicken aren't exactly cosmolatai

only David I think mate

I was out the other day with our ppsg's and we shot 9 squirrels a pigeon and 2 ducks with dankung 2050 and 9.5 steel balls

Posted Images

Myself I prefer the metal slingshots /catapults the barnett ones or a old milbro. I don't like the wooden ones made out piece of thick ply.

Over here we can creep along hedge rows an surprise birds rabbits an grey squirrels. Or stand behind a tree to ambush something.i could had a grey squirrel other day ,when exercising the dog in a field it was about 10 ft from me,in a gap in a hedge typically I left the catty at home.

Get yourself a ttf catapult and flatbands off some type, be it theraband or latex, bill Hayes is a much celebrated catapult shooter over in the states, look him up on YouTube. .... as for hunting methods, I just find walking about like you would usually puts you in front of plenty of quarry, many will disagree but a catapult is a opportunistic weapon, just go about doing your thing and you'll get a few shots off

Hey kyboy44, nice to see another person here from the states. Lurk around for a bit and read old posts and you will quickly learn the lingo. Also look up slingshot community forum. There is a wealth of knowledge on there. A lot of guys that post here are also on that forum.It is based here in the states so terminology is a bit different.

I like dropping in here and seeing the UK style of hunting and looking at all of their fine cattys.

I go by Rick OShay on the other forums. I am still a newbie but do like to build, shoot and hunt. Here in Idaho we can only shoot forest grouse legally with cattys, soooo I don't post to much about hunting. Pigeons Squirels are fine but a guy has do be discreet about the location of the hunting if you know what I mean. But that is the fun of slingshots they are quiet and can be very discreet.

Ppsg is a type of catapult, I think it stands for pocket poacher super grip though I could be wrong! The magic of catapults is how discreet they are, one can easily fit in a trouser pocket, most of the best hunting spots are urban places where taking a gun would get you shot on sight

• Like 1

Ppsg is a type of catapult, I think it stands for pocket poacher super grip though I could be wrong! The magic of catapults is how discreet they are, one can easily fit in a trouser pocket, most of the best hunting spots are urban places where taking a gun would get you shot on sight

true that, a short walk round the local park can yield more pigeon breasts than a whole day up the woods, and if your on land that gets shot over, they are gone as soon as you look at them