Best Rouged 4X4 , Comfy, Economy, Torque & Ability For Your ££££'s

That review with Hammond was not on a Grand Cherokee, it was a Cherokee Sport. Two completely different motors.

I've always had Land Rovers, but thought I'd try a Grand Cherokee. It's got a 3.0ltr V6 Mercedes engine and with its Quad drive and a set of decent tires, I've yet to get it stuck.

Loads of grunt and much more fun to drive than most 4 x 4 s I've driven. Costly on parts though :icon_eek: and shite on fuel.

yeah and cos it America the dash will look like it made out of old telephones and creek like mad

there not that bad mate, i take it you don't like the american trucks?
if there anything like there cars they will be piles of

what american car have you had mate, to know that they are shit? (as you say)....i can assure you there trucks are every bit as good...and more, as the ones in Britain, see...i can compare as we've had trucks in the family back there, along with friends as well...and iv'e had two american trucks here, to be honest....they put there trucks through its paces far more here, than anyone does there, look at it this way....they could never be as crap as a land rover.
funny that because I was just trying to think of a make of 4x4 that I have,nt had to tow out the mud in my old Landy, and the good old Cherokee is on there as are most Toyota,s except the old land cruiser, nissans and Vauxhall frontera,s by the bucketload, like in the uk the Americans sacrificed off-road ability with comfort and speed the original Willy,s were your crowning moment and we copied it with the original land rovers, since then we have slowly made them more road user friendly and less capable of doing the job they were designed for

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is it like trigs broom?

another jeep wrangler model......the brute..

Glad your happy we them fella there not for me never seen any at shoot but fair play you like them . Our last land rover had 350 thousand when we sold it .

That review with Hammond was not on a Grand Cherokee, it was a Cherokee Sport. Two completely different motors.

I've always had Land Rovers, but thought I'd try a Grand Cherokee. It's got a 3.0ltr V6 Mercedes engine and with its Quad drive and a set of decent tires, I've yet to get it stuck.

Loads of grunt and much more fun to drive than most 4 x 4 s I've driven. Costly on parts though :icon_eek: and shite on fuel.

yeah and cos it America the dash will look like it made out of old telephones and creek like mad

what american car have you had mate, to know that they are shit? (as you say)....i can assure you there trucks are every bit as good...and more, as the ones in Britain, see...i can compare as we've had trucks in the family back there, along with friends as well...and iv'e had two american trucks here, to be honest....they put there trucks through its paces far more here, than anyone does there, look at it this way....they could never be as crap as a land rover.
yeah I guess they would have to be to carry a family of four fat b*****ds and there super xl macdonalds . And as for crap cars what good ones have they made ??

mustang, bronco, blazer, jimmy, chevy camaro, dodge challenger/charger/caravan, pontiac, acura, chevy cruze, cadilac, lincoln, gmc, alot of these oldies are still going strong...like i said...what american car have you had mate, to make you say, that they are shit? the size of the vehicles here, has nothing to do with how big a person is, just big engines, big cars, and big roads....

funny that because I was just trying to think of a make of 4x4 that I have,nt had to tow out the mud in my old Landy, and the good old Cherokee is on there as are most Toyota,s except the old land cruiser, nissans and Vauxhall frontera,s by the bucketload, like in the uk the Americans sacrificed off-road ability with comfort and speed the original Willy,s were your crowning moment and we copied it with the original land rovers, since then we have slowly made them more road user friendly and less capable of doing the job they were designed for

hey...the land rover was a good off roader,( when they didn't break down or leak ) but other than that, they were crap...iv'e driven a few and they were diabolical....the worst motor i have been in,i wouldn't have one if it was given to me, way over priced, your just paying for the name, i have friends who have had brand new defenders, and evogues, the defenders hose let go,he had water coming in the foot wells, he sent it back and got another new one, something else went wrong, he ended going back to get that done, he was well pissed off, the other mate with the evogue, the gear box went pop at 15,000 miles, he payed £55,000 for that one, he sent it back and got a new one, and guess what...it was back at land rover within the month, another mate had an vogue, the box went on that at a very low millage,( £5000) for another box,i can't believe they just kept on building the same crap year after year....theres probably not an original land rover on the road as it's had so many new parts over it's time,

hey...the land rover was a good off roader,( when they didn't break down or leak ) but other than that, they were crap...iv'e driven a few and they were diabolical....the worst motor i have been in,i wouldn't have one if it was given to me, way over priced, your just paying for the name, i have friends who have had brand new defenders, and evogues, the defenders hose let go,he had water coming in the foot wells, he sent it back and got another new one, something else went wrong, he ended going back to get that done, he was well pissed off, the other mate with the evogue, the gear box went pop at 15,000 miles, he payed £55,000 for that one, he sent it back and got a new one, and guess what...it was back at land rover within the month, another mate had an vogue, the box went on that at a very low millage,( £5000) for another box,i can't believe they just kept on building the same crap year after year....theres probably not an original land rover on the road as it's had so many new parts over it's time,

unfortunately your idea of a landrover is the same as everyone driving round in those big useless penis extension pickups, to me a landrover was made in Birmingham, the things you are listing are piles of shite with a landy badge on, I,ve said it lots of times before, but I will say it again, if you want to go fast get a car, if you want to go anywere get a real landrover, mine is 40 years old this year has been on its roof twice and totally submerged in water more times than I can remember, but it always just gets back up and keeps going, even when I snapped the timing chain, it cost £25 to rebuild and most of that was because I changed the water pump when I had it out

yeah I guess they would have to be to carry a family of four fat b*****ds and there super xl macdonalds . And as for crap cars what good ones have they made ??

mustang, bronco, blazer, jimmy, chevy camaro, dodge challenger/charger/caravan, pontiac, acura, chevy cruze, cadilac, lincoln, gmc, alot of these oldies are still going strong...like i said...what american car have you had mate, to make you say, that they are shit? the size of the vehicles here, has nothing to do with how big a person is, just big engines, big cars, and big roads....
the cant corner well piles of dung fella sorry go take her moo te the toilet .

unfortunately your idea of a landrover is the same as everyone driving round in those big useless penis extension pickups, to me a landrover was made in Birmingham, the things you are listing are piles of shite with a landy badge on, I,ve said it lots of times before, but I will say it again, if you want to go fast get a car, if you want to go anywere get a real landrover, mine is 40 years old this year has been on its roof twice and totally submerged in water more times than I can remember, but it always just gets back up and keeps going, even when I snapped the timing chain, it cost £25 to rebuild and most of that was because I changed the water pump when I had it out

so....basically, what you are saying is....all the pick ups people have, are useless (and just for a penis extension).....buy a car if you want to go fast (my truck goes 0-60 in 5-6sec).....and if you want to go anywhere, buy a forty year old land rover, and the newer land rovers are shit....and you come to this conclusion on the fact, that you have pulled them out with your land rover....that doesn't mean anything, it could be the driver, or, the boots it's wearing, they could have been going to fast/slow at the wrong time, there's many factors to why people can get stuck in any 4x4's

what on earth are you talking about? they can't corner? go take her moo to the toilet?? what does that mean???.......i will ask you again for the third time......what american car/truck have you had, to make you say, they are shit???

what on earth are you talking about? they can't corner? go take her moo to the toilet?? what does that mean???.......i will ask you again for the third time......what american car/truck have you had, to make you say, they are shit???

I have a feeling you're gonna get a similar answer to when I asked the plummer haters how many plummers they had worked.

None ?

• Like 1

I have a feeling you're gonna get a similar answer to when I asked the plummer haters how many plummers they had worked.

None

that's true gaz, if someone says, something is shit.....they must have had one.....right!!!

so....basically, what you are saying is....all the pick ups people have, are useless (and just for a penis extension).....buy a car if you want to go fast (my truck goes 0-60 in 5-6sec).....and if you want to go anywhere, buy a forty year old land rover, and the newer land rovers are shit....and you come to this conclusion on the fact, that you have pulled them out with your land rover....that doesn't mean anything, it could be the driver, or, the boots it's wearing, they could have been going to fast/slow at the wrong time, there's many factors to why people can get stuck in any 4x4's
my truck goes 0-60 in 5-6 secs,thats quite a penis extension you have there,
  • Like 1

Landys get bad rep from the people who buy used workhorses and use em as a Chelsea tractors. Old cars need regular serving and regular offroading does wear out parts prematurely, especially when you've got 2 ton rolling about on 15+ year old bushes. Difference with landys is the parts are cheap and they're easy to work on. Oh and why is water in the foot well an issue?

American cars use old technology rear wheel drive which is good but most have no lsd . Most use live rear axles are heavy and slow . The inside are so cheap and plasticky looking , even they so called super cars they build are shite .

i think you are talking out of your arse mate, i have asked you four times what american car/truck you have had, that makes you say they are shit, but because of a bit of plastic on the dash, you class them as shit without ever owning one, yet again, you have never had a supercar from america, and they are still shit...name me some cars/trucks that don't have plastic on the dashboard? i take it you have seen the newer toyota's/mitsubishi's/izuzu's etc....

my truck goes 0-60 in 5-6 secs,thats quite a penis extension you have there,

funny you saying that....they are brilliant fanny magnets....with the added bonus, you have loads of room on the back seats.... :yes: how would that feel in the back of a forty year old land rover.... :hmm:

Landys get bad rep from the people who buy used workhorses and use em as a Chelsea tractors. Old cars need regular serving and regular offroading does wear out parts prematurely, especially when you've got 2 ton rolling about on 15+ year old bushes. Difference with landys is the parts are cheap and they're easy to work on. Oh and why is water in the foot well an issue?

i would have thought that was obvious mate....if you had just bought a brand new defender double cab costing between £25-£30,000 and a hose broke letting water into the foot wells.....wouldn't you think that was an issue, not the kind of thing you would expect is it....mind you, saying that, i would expect that from a land rover....