Weihrauch Springer Bug

I've recently purchased the hw97 put a tuning kit in it and after a few complications I've got it shooting really nice, I've got the bug and now shopping for my next hw springer I want a break barrel this time, I'm drawn towards the hw 80 for it's robustness and solid feel and it's legendary reputation, it's going to be primarily a rabbit gun, any ideas on what other hw brake barrel stand's out from the rest is there one with a more solid reputation than the others

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That sums it up pretty well. They slate the HW57 on here too. It is refreshing to have honest opinions from sellers. They will still buy them in though for people determined to be disappointed.

I'm same Jon Jon love the look of the 98 like the stock shrouded barrel heavy like the like the look of that sfs imp aswell though bit lighter for lugging about atb

Posted Images

I'm same Jon Jon love the look of the 98 like the stock shrouded barrel heavy like the 80 like the look of that sfs imp aswell though bit lighter for lugging about atb

They're nice to shoulder. The stippling on the grip and under the fore end seem to be in the perfect place.

Plus I do like heavy springers.

I've recently purchased the hw97 put a tuning kit in it and after a few complications I've got it shooting really nice, I've got the bug and now shopping for my next hw springer I want a break barrel this time, I'm drawn towards the hw 80 for it's robustness and solid feel and it's legendary reputation, it's going to be primarily a rabbit gun, any ideas on what other hw brake barrel stand's out from the rest is there one with a more solid reputation than the others

With respect Meg... Why are you looking for another that will only be as good as what you've got?

All for it mate, just saying. Been there. Done that. And even though I'm like you, want another one, I know I'm my heart it won't better what I've got.

But, of course, do it anyway :D

I suppose you're right mate I can't really argue with that, initially when I brought the 97 it was a toss up between that and an 80 I got the 97 in 177 would like at 22 Springer to go with it, suppose it's just greed really I just got to have the 80 or the 98, but you definitely got me thinking

• Like 1

I suppose you're right mate I can't really argue with that, initially when I brought the 97 it was a toss up between that and an 80 I got the 97 in 177 would like at 22 Springer to go with it, suppose it's just greed really I just got to have the 80 or the 98, but you definitely got me thinking

TX200hc .22 ..... best of British :thumbs:

To be honest, I'd chew my trigger finger off for a 80. As many on the forum may inform. Seriously I would. I've toyed with many on here and free ads, gunstar and so on, but stand back and think, why? It won't be any more accurate than my 97.

It might "suit me more" but deep down I know it isn't worth spending 200 beans on. Which thinking about isn't much for a new aquintance.

I'd still have one though, just needs to be at the right time for me. Fooooook me, if have a 99 if it was right, 'for me'. Frantically looking for a new gas ram at the minute though, so springers have took a back step. For now....

As an extra. If your into the HW route, stay on it. You may get the AA posts, like above, and they are just as good, but brand loyalty is what's it's about.

But don't quote me on that :D as he goes over to look at a Bony and Clyde tuned HC in a lefty 800 CS stock.

Yeah, don't quote me :)

TX200hc .22 ..... best of British :thumbs:[/quote

There about as British as a weihrauch lol german barrel stock from Italy don't get me wrong there assembled in uk but I think weihrauch are aswell at hull cartridge lol atb

• Like 2