It's Getting Cold......

I am with you David, shorts and tea shirt. If I go into our village shop in long trousers, they ask if I am going to a funeral or wedding, xmas shopping in shorts, much to the annoyance of my dear wife.

When I used to keep a fishing boat in Grimsby dock, we used to go out in the worst weather for the cod and one product I bought was the best bit of clothing I have ever bought, Sundridge Sleep Skin or sleep suit. Worn under any outer clothes and I was toasty warm and I think you can still buy them.....................very very good

Yes you are a southern pansy Jon :yes:

Phil

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been proven to be absolutely false that you lose most of your heat through your head .. yes your head will get cold without a hat but you don't lose that much body heat through it ... to stay war

Southern poof   Us " rock hard roofers" are still in our thongs and steelies yet .

Still in shorts this end. The long trousers don't come out until there's at least a frost!

Strangely I have to agree with socks. As long as my chest and lower back are warm, the rest of me is warm. When it's really cold a bodywarmer under my jacket is spot on. Good boots help too.

But that's when it's really cold, not a bit brisk like it is at the moment, you soft southern shandy drinker. :D

Look for a green Swedish Army parka. Army surplus stores usually sell them. I use one I've had a few years now for winter nights and days out. Cheap to buy, it'll fit over your usual hunting jacket and pants and keep you warm as toast and waterproof.

Good thermal socks and boots are a must.

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies :thumbs:

...... Some more helpful than others ....*cough* Mark :feck::)

I've got no problems with keeping my core warm - last winter I was using some fleece lined camo trouser things over my usual combats and a hoodie under my dpm smock.

It's mostly my hands and feet that get cold - Standing out in the open, on frosty fields.

I use a pair of cheap Thinsulate gloves over shooting gloves so I can keep taking the over gloves off when my hands get warmer. Just bought some MacWets because they do help keep the heat in as well as work well in the rain. As an option, buy two pairs of thinsulates and cut the index finger off or slit it, so cheap and such great heat keepers.

I bought a couple of pairs Hot Socks 3 years ago and they work really well, also sell as Heat Holders, same product, worn with a normal pair of everyday socks underneath, all day comfort and I can stand hours in the water fishing with these under my wellies or waders.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Original-Heat-Holders-Socks-6-11-Many-Colours-Hot-Warm-Thermal-Winter-/321918145479?var=&hash=item4af3d113c7:m:mwfNbpLGCrfbfFFIRu12YYw

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

FLASK OF HOT COFFEE OR TEA

OR SOME THING STRONGER IF YOUR NOT DRIVING :yes:

ATVBMAC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ah yes, a wee snifter to warm the cockles. My grandad swore by his old hip flask. I remember sharing a nip of his brandy when I went with him to check his snares one January morning. I think I was about 8yrs old :rolleyes::laugh:

I don't do do very well with alcohol in the cold - I'd be leaving scent marks around my permission all night :laugh:

• Like 1

Ah yes, a wee snifter to warm the cockles. My grandad swore by his old hip flask. I remember sharing a nip of his brandy when I went with him to check his snares one January morning. I think I was about 8yrs old :rolleyes::laugh:

I don't do do very well with alcohol in the cold - I'd be leaving scent marks around my permission all night :laugh:

my nan use to give me brandy and warm water when i was a kid to make me puke!!

its ruined me for nights out now :bad:

• Like 1

my nan use to give me brandy and warm water when i was a kid to make me puke!!

its ruined me for nights out now :bad:

I remember it made me shudder and made grandad laugh :D

• Like 1