Caught None But Fun In The Sun

My daughter came by this morning on her way to work, and asked if I could take her pup out with my dogs for a bit of experience, sure no problem was my reply.

I loaded the three dogs, Kass, Zip, young Gemma , and a couple of ferrets into the car and headed to a local paddock, that at time produces a few rabbits. It was beautiful outside about 22C, not a cloud in the sky and a nice breeze.

As I drove in I thought F---- me the grass has grown about a foot ½ since I was last here, anyway I let the dogs out and they hunted through the grass without any sign of rabbits, back into the car and I drove on a little to a few old burrows, I didn’t hold much hope of getting anything out off.

I’m here I may as well give it a shot, got the dogs and ferrets out headed to the holes, the dogs seemed disinterested in the burrows which added nothing to my optimism, first warren nothing, second nothing, on the third set along the dogs stopped I watched my brown bitch with eagerness and anticipation, you f----- beauty, she is marking, I knew there was something at home.

In goes my white Jill, 5 mins later she came out covered in blood, no bolts, a baby I thought.

Onto the next set same story dogs stopped brown bitch marking, and zip had her head in a hole for about a minute before she looked up, This looks good.

Few holes on this set so in goes both ferrets, didn’t take long and a half grown bolts, just in front of Kass and her daughter Gemma, a quick chase and it made it to another hole not too far away. The pup went mental running around checking every bit of ground within sight, it was funny to watch.

10 mins later both ferrets emerged both covered in blood, the weather was starting to get a little too warm, better call it a day.

So the tally was 1 bolted, 0 caught, but a great day of fun in the sun was had by all parties, especially the ferrets by the look of them.

luGUH0z.png4pOkNA5.pngp9Z214h.png2ZKBKJD.pngRep0UPQ.pngxODRvp6.pngxVdnB9N.pngs0UDsCJ.pngA7iQtUr.pngxKT2i8d.png9w1ozu9.pngigXaj62.png1r1skkK.pngBOQWYIp.pnghzDoXgq.pngFbQ5CrY.pngM4hFJzF.pngSFFZ3ib.png0qNGXoj.png

• Like 3