Hobart Mincer

I have a crypto mincer best thing I ever bought if you put a kidney plate in first and brake down thecarcase then re mince with a 10mm plate you get much better mince as it brakes down the bone more

It takes me pretty much a full day to mince ....so I wouldn't want to do it twice .....this Hobart deals with most of the bones ...any bones I think are too much for it are broken up with the cleaver

The hobart 22 will mince rabbits with the skin on no problem without clogging up the benifit of mincing with the skin on is that if your dog has worms or worms eggs the skin will take them out when passing through the dog,aint anyone seen a fox shit full of wool,wf

That's an old wives tale ... the only thing that clears worms is a good wormer ........

• Like 5

The hobart 22 will mince rabbits with the skin on no problem without clogging up the benifit of mincing with the skin on is that if your dog has worms or worms eggs the skin will take them out when passing through the dog,aint anyone seen a fox shit full of wool,wf

Dont believe that for a minute ....like I say the skins would block the plate and I cant see the advantage of rabbit skin in a dogs diet

Mik do you put the bones from the roe through as well or do you bone it out first

Yes the bones go through ....the knuckle bones have to be smashed with the cleaver though ....put a whole red stag through it the other week I boned that out but the rib cage went through no probs

Dont believe that for a minute ....like I say the skins would block the plate and I cant see the advantage of rabbit skin in a dogs diet

When you say you don't believe it, you've never tried?

As for their advantage, all animals store fat under the skin so a proportion of the oils and fatty acids are lost if you remove the skin.

Fur plays a similar role to dietry fibre and has benefits to digestive health.

As for their advantage, all animals store fat under the skin so a proportion of the oils and fatty acids are lost if you remove the skin.

cmon you are trying to tell me that my dogs wont get enough fat if I remove the skins ...I know I was born at night but it wasnt last night and what dietry fibre is in rabbit skin?...I know for certain it doesnt clear worms I use drontal for that

Edited by MIK

cmon you are trying to tell me that my dogs wont get enough fat if I remove the skins ...I know I was born at night but it wasnt last night and what dietry fibre is in rabbit skin?...I know for certain it doesnt clear worms I use drontal for that
If I offended it was unintentional.

I don't know how much fat your dogs get so I couldn't possibly comment on whether they are getting enough or not.

You asked what the benefit of leaving the skin on was. That was my answer. There is a layer of fat under the skin.

As for dietry fibre, or undigestable material there is none in the skin, I didn't say there was. The fur is undigestable and plays a SIMILAR ROLE to dietary fibre.

I didn't mention f**k all to do with worms that was someone else and I will agree that that is a wives tale.

Do whatever the f**k you like with your rabbits, your mincer and your dogs I don't care.

Of course the other benefit of not skinning is it takes a lot less time.

Edited by Hydropotesinermis

I don't know how much fat your dogs get so I couldn't possibly comment on whether they are getting enough or not.

You asked what the benefit of leaving the skin on was. That was my answer. There is a layer of fat under the skin.

As for dietry fibre, or undigestable material there is none in the skin, I didn't say there was. The fur is undigestable and plays a SIMILAR ROLE to dietary fibre.

I didn't mention f**k all to do with worms that was someone else and I will agree that that is a wives tale.

Do whatever the f**k you like with your rabbits, your mincer and your dogs I don't care.

Deary deary me someone's a bit touchy
  • Like 2

Deary deary me someone's a bit touchy

NO I'M f***ing NOT YOU HORRIBLE c**t!

• Like 2