4X4 That Pull 3.5 Ton There Nae Many

I need a 4x4 that can pull 3.5 ton and find there is lack of them. l200 and hilux are way under weight and Isuzu pick will tow 3.5 ton but lacks grunt landrover defender is silly money so find only pick up is for ranger over 400 nm of torque and and 6 speed box think ford have corned the market which is same as iam huge hilux fan but doesn't cut the mustard now which is a shame as jap trucks use to be the best . How many other guys have had to do buy the pimped up ford as nothing else matches it ??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a open top V8 Land Rover 90 for sale soon.   It will tow anything, but you do need to live near an oil refinery....

no pal they stopped making them due to the new emission laws, they were the best four wheel drives you could buy imo, I've had loads

I use a land cruiser , best tow car ive had so far ( had most 4x4s ) . As regards Hilux a firm called Cheshire contracting can replate them to tow 3.5 tons .

If you're after a cheep, reliable 3500 towing vehicle you can't beat a 4lt straight 6 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Mine is a 1998 and will pull 3500 no problem. I can't remember a time when I needed 'low' to pull away, even on a steep incline. Picked mine up 3 years ago for £800 now about £400/600. If your looking for new I think all the Jeep Cherokee range will tow 3500?

if your looking at new trucks then your choices are going to get narrower as time goes on unless you go down the taco route, all the designers now have it in their heads to make things bigger every time they do an upgrade but that makes them heavier so the load and towing capacity goes down

if your looking at new trucks then your choices are going to get narrower as time goes on unless you go down the taco route, all the designers now have it in their heads to make things bigger every time they do an upgrade but that makes them heavier so the load and towing capacity goes down

only need taco if hire or reward as I use 7.5 ton horse box no need for taco also u can use a log book if u wish instead of taco. But your right newer truck types only about two . So looks like I will be going down ford route . Edited by scottish lurcher

Exactly the problem I had last year mate, ended up with the ranger 3.2 limited for the very reason you state.

Isuzu are about the other only one, the dmax looks quite good as I was checking one out last week.

I should add, my ranger pulls like a train, I have maybe possibly been overweight once or twice.......... It pulls 3.5 ton like stink, get some odd looks overtaking people with a digger on the back

Also pretty bloody good off road, on road tyres ! Bit of weight in the back and it just goes ! Only just put some general grabbers on the back after 30k with factory tyres, fronts ain't worn down yet

only need taco if hire or reward as I use 7.5 ton horse box no need for taco also u can use a log book if u wish instead of taco. But your right newer truck types only about two . So looks like I will be going down ford route .

Don't dismiss the Isuzu, the are bloody good trucks and not quite as pumped up on steroid as the Rangers.

only need taco if hire or reward as I use 7.5 ton horse box no need for taco also u can use a log book if u wish instead of taco. But your right newer truck types only about two . So looks like I will be going down ford route .
Don't dismiss the Isuzu, the are bloody good trucks and not quite as pumped up on steroid as the Rangers.
Isuzu are well build but just seem to lack power of ranger think towing it would be sluggish so think it ford for me too