Why Go To The Fishery

While I love bit of trout fishing on the fly permit for day here on river is around £35 fishing for trout even at the fishery costs Around about £ 25 a day I can get a days fishing for salmon with a gillie and rods supplied for salmon £40 - £80 depending on the beat so I tend to only go trout fish at end of see session . I just find the prices a no brainer for me as I get tea and get someone to row the boat and free casting advise so well worth a look lads .don't be put of even if your beginner .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me a shout next season if you want a craic at salmon ...I can fish some of the premium beats up here and haven't paid for fishing for about 5 years ago on the Tay

Tight lines means hope your line go tight with a fish well know saying amongst fishermen

Tight lines is a well known saying in fishing circles meaning good luck ... can't see why anybody would get their knickers in a twist over it ......

I thought it was cheap as chips when I was living at home in the Scottish Borders. Was led into the night life by a wonderful old guy, long gone, Jimmy Clinkscale. He taught me the lot and although invariably it was wet and cold, we did rather well. However, the high notes got lower. I did a stretch of the river Leader, tributary to the mighty Tweed near to Lauder. All went according to plan with a two sided Ali plate, good torch and my gaff which was about 5ft long. A number of fish safely tucked up and let's have a puff to celebrate. Lights, noise, jump in car and try the run away. No fckg chance. Them Border lads wanted us bang to rights. Lauder nick and the court appearance arranged. Now this is where it all went awry. Sheriff Patterson owned the stretch of the Leader. Now that was a shock to say the least. Highest fine given out for poaching in Scotland (at the time) all equipment including my car confiscated and a stern warning not to return. Yes those were cheap fish! NOT? Jok.

• Like 3

While I love bit of trout fishing on the fly permit for day here on river is around £35 fishing for trout even at the fishery costs Around about £ 25 a day I can get a days fishing for salmon with a gillie and rods supplied for salmon £40 - £80 depending on the beat so I tend to only go trout fish at end of see session . I just find the prices a no brainer for me as I get tea and get someone to row the boat and free casting advise so well worth a look lads .don't be put of even if your beginner .

Where are you getting that type of salmon fishing at that price at this time of year ?

Where are you getting that type of salmon fishing at that price at this time of year ?

Our price goes up to about £200-£250 per day per rod this last few weeks

Our price goes up to about £200-£250 per day per rod this last few weeks
ye can poke that prices lad ??

So where are getting fishing at the backend for that price

sounds like you don't belive me I was only in aberdeenshire last week fishing at that prices defo worth the travel , would love to fish the tay but at those prices leave it to the guys who turn up in rangerover with all the gear and know idea !! Atb
Where did I say I don't believe you ?....I only asked a question which you still haven't answered ...tight lines fella

So where are getting fishing at the backend for that price

sounds like you don't belive me I was only in aberdeenshire last week fishing at that prices defo worth the travel , would love to fish the tay but at those prices leave it to the guys who turn up in rangerover with all the gear and know idea !! Atb
Where did I say I don't believe you ?....I only asked a question which you still haven't answered ...tight lines fella
tight lines ?? Sorry iam in my 70s and not member of Masonic lodge so don't understand your code tight lines
  • Like 1