The Dangers Of Leopard Hunting In Africa

Cracking little story from The Fieldsports Gazette. The day when the PH Robin Hurt nearly died.

http://www.fieldsportsmagazine.com/Stalking/close-calls-part-1.html

The hunting of a wounded Leopard is the one big five scenario that has always interested me. About as dangerous as it gets...

• Like 11

not something I like but a great story non the less

+ 2 good read that, ive read that they use ridge backs to bay lions + leopards , would have come in handy that day , must be brave dog to stand in front of injured leopard like this one, very dangerous big cat :yes:

• 1 month later...

Theres a bowhunting video called Africa at full draw,theres a few good leopards on there,even though they often predate on dogs there are a few american hunters who have taken packs over to africa and hunted leopard succesfully.

• Like 2

My friends dad was a very interesting man, parabat and now a ph, he has some tales about them big spotted boys ,

He reckons they are a serious force to be reckoned with even with proper fire power, more so than a lion

Para in the SA Army to PH in the Dark Continent, the man sounds like the lead character from a nineteenth century novel! What a life.

Anyway, part II from this series....

http://www.fieldsportsmagazine.com/Shooting-Stalking/close-calls-part-2.html

PS. I've really enjoyed reading some of the many articles from thefieldsportsmagizine.com. Cracking stuff if you're a shooting man with a broad interest.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...