Sign in to follow this  
Born Hunter

The Dangers Of Leopard Hunting In Africa

not something I like but a great story non the less

not something I like but a great story non the less

+ 2 good read that, ive read that they use ridge backs to bay lions + leopards , would have come in handy that day , must be brave dog to stand in front of injured leopard like this one, very dangerous big cat :yes:

Theres a bowhunting video called Africa at full draw,theres a few good leopards on there,even though they often predate on dogs there are a few american hunters who have taken packs over to africa and hunted leopard succesfully.

• Like 2

My friends dad was a very interesting man, parabat and now a ph, he has some tales about them big spotted boys ,

He reckons they are a serious force to be reckoned with even with proper fire power, more so than a lion

• Like 2

Vietnam holiday brochure from the early 1960's (you dont get info likemthisnin a skytour or thomas cook brochure),all the leopard and tiger you can shoot for a 22 dollar licence.

post-1930-0-26381200-1480931233_thumb.jpeg

post-1930-0-67628200-1480931252_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

My friends dad was a very interesting man, parabat and now a ph, he has some tales about them big spotted boys ,

He reckons they are a serious force to be reckoned with even with proper fire power, more so than a lion

Para in the SA Army to PH in the Dark Continent, the man sounds like the lead character from a nineteenth century novel! What a life.

Anyway, part II from this series....

http://www.fieldsportsmagazine.com/Shooting-Stalking/close-calls-part-2.html

PS. I've really enjoyed reading some of the many articles from thefieldsportsmagizine.com. Cracking stuff if you're a shooting man with a broad interest.

• Like 4

Love corbetts books , find that era magnificent

Born hunter, was much more than just a para as well, he had the glory in being one of the first wave at cassinga, hes one of my all time heroes

• Like 1